Fascinate Froyo Speculation and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbrenes

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
there s actually a one click method. I was rooted in 5 minites, no bugs whatsoever, then I installed froyo 2.2 using odin with a one click method also. Together root and froyo upgrades took me less than 20 minutes. I can provide links to the walkthroughs if you are interested.

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
there s actually a one click method. I was rooted in 5 minites, no bugs whatsoever, then I installed froyo 2.2 using odin with a one click method also. Together root and froyo upgrades took me less than 20 minutes. I can provide links to the walkthroughs if you are interested.

Please, show me! Thanks!

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
To make it even easier, the froyo package comes prerooted. So it really is one click to a rooted 2.2

Here you go

Check out the full Odin package put together by DroidXcon

Last edited:

thepattyrick

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm 16 and I got things up amd running in one evening! I just followed the one click method in the all about rooting faq and, how tos. After I rooted, I went and got titanium backup and backed up all my apps and,data. Then I headed on towards the full odin froyo stickied thread and followed everything to finally get froyo. I had to troubleshoot a bit on my own but it was so much easier than I thought it would be!

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how to put but I really love my phone, I just can't believe how we all were lied to about how we are getting froyo and it's march already and nothing in sight. And now after all these months do you really believe we are? Even if it comes tomorrow froyo is old news. Wow, that super AMOLED sure seduced me and many others. What a joke this update has been.
And please don't tell me to root, been there done that and bricked my phone and went back to stock. It's not as easy as people say it is unless there is a one method way of doing it, because I have other things to do than to read and read more, and read more before rooting. No I'm stuck for another 12 months with no update insight. Never again Samsung, never!!

Please, show me! Thanks!

Hey andonakis, here is the thread where DroidXcon has put together some all-in-one packages that are flashed through ODIN. You can get rooted, have Froyo, and clockworkmod recovery in just a few simple steps on your part. Just make sure to read carefully and follow each step exactly. If you run into any problems or have any questions post them in that thread and they will get answered:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...ged-roms-w-root-clockwork-updated-3-04-a.html

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
c'mon, will you people quit already with these stupid threads!!! we get it. we all want froyo. now quit it!!!

Hey gunner. At least Andonakis posted in an already existing thread. Isn't that our main complaint that people keep posting new threads complaining about not having Froyo yet? I'm completely happy with one thread where people who don't want to root can come and complain and discuss/dispel any rumors. Thanks andonakis for posting in an already existing topic appropriate thread.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Whats the holdup on froyo?

Ok, so my gf has a fascinate and it's killing her that she doesn't have froyo yet. Does anybody have any news on whether or not this thing will even get froyo? Also, she's having alot of freezing and lagging issues with the phone and doesn't want to root it. We're taking it to VZW to see whether or not they'll switch it for a new one or something else. Any suggestions on a new phone?

She's had this phone since since the release day, paid 600 off contract through BB for it, now you see why even I'm frustrated.

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Nobody knows. There is no set date.

If the phone was fine when she got it and now is showing lag issues I would say you probably need to clean it up. This is basically a computer and if she put on a ton of apps and runs a ton of widgets it can all slow her down.

If she does not want to root I would start looking at what you have on the phone and what you actually use / want. Start cleaning it up. I cannot imagine Verizon giving you a knew phone when most likely the issue is putting too much stuff on it.

People do the same thing with their home PCs.

I would seriously consider cleaning it up and if you want Froyo that bad then root it and enjoy the Kernel / ROMs available here.

SuperClean is probably your best bet from what I have tried so far.

mjt1265

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I agree w/ Suicide. This is a very fast phone and no real reason for the lag. I have compared this phone to several others and the speed holds up against the best of the best.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so my gf has a fascinate and it's killing her that she doesn't have froyo yet. Does anybody have any news on whether or not this thing will even get froyo? Also, she's having alot of freezing and lagging issues with the phone and doesn't want to root it. We're taking it to VZW to see whether or not they'll switch it for a new one or something else. Any suggestions on a new phone?

She's had this phone since since the release day, paid 600 off contract through BB for it, now you see why even I'm frustrated.

since we are all already running froyo yes it will be getting it.... and i say you just flash superclean rom on there and be done with it...

OR

just save her contacts to the SD card, use my backup pro to backup the phone

and just run a factory reset

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I agree w/ Suicide. This is a very fast phone and no real reason for the lag. I have compared this phone to several others and the speed holds up against the best of the best.

She's hell bent on not rooting. I know how to do it but I think she really wants a new phone. One issue I've noticed is when someone calls you can't accept the call

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
She's hell bent on not rooting. I know how to do it but I think she really wants a new phone. One issue I've noticed is when someone calls you can't accept the call

She needs to understand how computers work. You will only be wasting money. It is a phone with a 1 ghz processor in it. If she needs more then tell her to buy a laptop. LOL

Oh and 2.2 won't make the lag go away. The phone needs to be cleaned out. Get rid if the garbage.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

what is her issue with not rooting...... if you want ill make a debloated rom version that is not rooted . so you can flash a custom rom on there and it wont be rooted, not that it makes a difference.

all those problems are usually the verizon software installed

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Please answer this question: Why doesn't she want to root her phone? Your problems sounds like a bad software installation, and bloatware, which are easily fixed.

Swapping for another fascinate might help you, but odds are the phone's not defective. Suggestions below. You should really consider rooting it. It would take 10 minutes to fix the software, even if you just reflashed what you've got right now to try and patch any glitches you might be experiencing.

I'll offer several tips that may help you otherwise.

1. Remove any task killers- If you have one, remove it. Unless you micro manage a task killer it will totally disrupt your whole system, and cause lag, bad battery life, tons of other problems from blue tooth to system freezes.

2. Check over your apps- If you have any odd ball, or low rent apps that you don't recognize as a big name, go to the market and check their reviews. Generally I look for the first 10, 1 star reviews and see what they say.

3. Make sure you're using the back button- The back button will close a majority of apps when you're done with them. 4 out of 5 of my customer (I sell phones) automatically start using the home button to get out of apps. This makes the system really laggy while android has to clear up all of the stuff to free up memory for tasks. The samsung widget "Program Monitor" is awesome for helping you keep track of this stuff. It's like a super friendly manual task killer that won't destroy your system.

4. Don't be afraid to reboot- Android phones, just like computers, need a reboot periodically. The longer they run the more bogged down the system will become from odd little bugs and background processes that pop up. Rebooting clears all this stuff up.

Reactions: jampot
Status
Not open for further replies.