Fascinate Froyo Speculation and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluevolume

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I honestly dont think samsung cares about the fascinate anymore... They got the LTE phone plus Galaxy S2 and the galaxy tab and whole bunch more newer devices they are worried about... Especially now that the developers leaked froyo i dont think samsung is in any hurry to get it out because if you dont have it from the developers by now odds are u prob dont care what rom u are running.... From a business strategy point of view i dont think samsung will put froyo out anytime soon and if they do itll be the last thing we get from them for our fascinate:(

Everybody's trying to figure this out by taking shots in the dark, but we're really pretty far from reality. The 2.2 issue is completely in Verizon's court -- they have total control over the software releases. Samsung could fix something as simple as the "EDF" button, and we'd never see it unless it flowed through Verizon first. This is a Verizon product, manufactured by Samsung.

The leak, and the fact that most of us here have rooted/flashed our phones, is of little to no consequence to Verizon. If anything, they would be more motivated to release their official build now so they can trump the "this is the only way I could have Froyo" argument.

Let us not forget how bad Verizon has been with software updates for ALL of their phones. I had an Env Touch for 2 years, and even through 11 software updates they never fixed even the most simple bugs. The Fascinate situation stinks because its in our face right now, but this is nothing new for Verizon.

Reactions: Ronindan

RMThompson

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
SO we're still...

WFF.jpg

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Everybody's trying to figure this out by taking shots in the dark, but we're really pretty far from reality. The 2.2 issue is completely in Verizon's court -- they have total control over the software releases. Samsung could fix something as simple as the "EDF" button, and we'd never see it unless it flowed through Verizon first. This is a Verizon product, manufactured by Samsung.

The leak, and the fact that most of us here have rooted/flashed our phones, is of little to no consequence to Verizon. If anything, they would be more motivated to release their official build now so they can trump the "this is the only way I could have Froyo" argument.

Let us not forget how bad Verizon has been with software updates for ALL of their phones. I had an Env Touch for 2 years, and even through 11 software updates they never fixed even the most simple bugs. The Fascinate situation stinks because its in our face right now, but this is nothing new for Verizon.

Plus T-mobile and sprint released their froyo update, which leave VZW and AT&T.

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I didn't get my hopes up today, so I'm not really that disappointed.

We get it when we get it, that's my take on it. Phone works well as is...

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Forgot about those. I actually thought they already relased their froyo update.

Just checked the Mezmerize threads. They were told March, then told it got moved to early February. They still don't have it and apparently now US Cell sales reps and customer service don't have a clue when it may be released.

Billvert

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I think they have been setting a devious trap for we Fascinate owners. Samsung in cooperation with VZW put out the leaks themselves and the leaks contain a hidden trojan flag. The trojan has collected the ESN's and signatures of all flashed phones. It also detects the use of ODIN or CWM. Even if we flash back to stock and wipe all data the flag will permanently brick our phones and are ESN,s are stored in their "Bad boy blacklist" so we will never receive OTA updates in the future. They are going to use us as an example to the rest of the android community. This way when Comcast buys and merges Verizon, Samsung and Motorolla and locks the bootloaders "The Man" will have control of the market and truly "Rule The Airwaves". Conspiracy theory?... Ask a Nokia employee who who will find their paychecks being signed by Bill Gates next month.

No, I don't really believe any of this I am just another Sammy owner who was conveniently told by the guy at store that Froyo would be out right after my 30 day return expired. I'm just burnin time. It will get here when it gets here.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Now I get the joke. I didn't get it the first time I saw this thread.
It is like the "Free beer tomorrow" signs you see in a bar.

"Froyo tomorrow"

So we are always waiting for tomorrow........ :)

spectre72

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I nominate RMTPhotography for best artist in the category of "combining literary knowledge with computer graphics." My wife and I really enjoyed the result.

Reactions: RMThompson

essy

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
"Samsung in cooperation with VZW put out the leaks themselves and the leaks contain a hidden trojan flag. The trojan has collected the ESN's and signatures of all flashed phones. It also detects the use of ODIN or CWM. Even if we flash back to stock and wipe all data the flag will permanently brick our phones and are ESN,s are stored in their "Bad boy blacklist" so we will never receive OTA updates in the future. "

The above quote is all bull sh**? right? Not to sound like a real ass, but it could happen so that's why I am even asking. I'm at work and checking up on update info then came across this, OMG, that would really be a downer.

ChaoSki

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
"Samsung in cooperation with VZW put out the leaks themselves and the leaks contain a hidden trojan flag. The trojan has collected the ESN's and signatures of all flashed phones. It also detects the use of ODIN or CWM. Even if we flash back to stock and wipe all data the flag will permanently brick our phones and are ESN,s are stored in their "Bad boy blacklist" so we will never receive OTA updates in the future. "

The above quote is all bull sh**? right? Not to sound like a real ass, but it could happen so that's why I am even asking. I'm at work and checking up on update info then came across this, OMG, that would really be a downer.

Not if you install the Fro package

Its only been few days for me with Fascinate, I'm pretty happy with it so far. I'm not exactly sure if I even care about Froyo to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary