Fascinate Froyo Speculation and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluevolume

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
"Samsung in cooperation with VZW put out the leaks themselves and the leaks contain a hidden trojan flag. The trojan has collected the ESN's and signatures of all flashed phones. It also detects the use of ODIN or CWM. Even if we flash back to stock and wipe all data the flag will permanently brick our phones and are ESN,s are stored in their "Bad boy blacklist" so we will never receive OTA updates in the future. "

The above quote is all bull sh**? right? Not to sound like a real ass, but it could happen so that's why I am even asking. I'm at work and checking up on update info then came across this, OMG, that would really be a downer.

Yes, its a joke that someone posted. There is no world where that makes any sense at all.

Verizon doesn't really care what you do with your phone as long as you are paying your monthly bill. Thats their revenue stream, their bread and butter, cash cow, etc. The only time they are going to give you any grief is if you become a 'support problem' by repeatedly screwing up your phone and asking them to fix/replace it.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Why would they spend time or money for any of that.the only thing they would spend money to truly prevent would be free tethering. using hacked phones is legal and irreverent to them .
"Samsung in cooperation with VZW put out the leaks themselves and the leaks contain a hidden trojan flag. The trojan has collected the ESN's and signatures of all flashed phones. It also detects the use of ODIN or CWM. Even if we flash back to stock and wipe all data the flag will permanently brick our phones and are ESN,s are stored in their "Bad boy blacklist" so we will never receive OTA updates in the future. "

The above quote is all bull sh**? right? Not to sound like a real ass, but it could happen so that's why I am even asking. I'm at work and checking up on update info then came across this, OMG, that would really be a downer.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

essy

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
LMAO... I all ready sent back two, one for image burn in, and the other because I thought I bricked it, but it wound up fine due to flashing ODIN/stock.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
They accepted the bricked phone or you fixed it with odin
LMAO... I all ready sent back two, one for image burn in, and the other because I thought I bricked it, but it wound up fine due to flashing ODIN/stock.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

essy

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I knew it was not true, but I can be a nub somtimes and figured I would ask anyway. lol, I laugh at myself all of the time, why should I be the only one, lol, yes I am making fun of myself... I know it was a stupid question! So come on... join in and laugh at me too, it's all good! ;) hahaha

essy

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
heres a link to my original post, but they were going to take it back bricked, lol verizon phone tecs are clueless. I posted on XDA for help...
[Q] samsung fasinate - bricked my phone - verizon tecs clueless - xda-developers

I did get them to send me a new phone, which then would of been my third. I wound up fixing it via ODIN, and keeping that one then returning my first & third. The tecs said they thought that the phone slipped through the cracks. It was a certified new phone, which basicly meens it was tinkered with like we all do here. lol...

essy

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
google...
um... smother scrolling....new settings menu, which I do love...can't think I'm supposed to be working.... lol

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I got the FroYo update from Verizon. Just received a package with a little Fro attachment for my Fascinate.

It's FroYo

So how did you get the update? Did they push it to you? text you? I am just wondering.

ChaoSki did not get the update. Just someone trying to mess with your head and it worked. If Verizon had pushed out the update these forums would be flooded with people posting that they got the update.

RobUM2011

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
So with AT&T's FroYo for Captivate coming out tomorrow, does that make Verizon the last carrier to officially update their Galaxy S device? Anyone want to put together a version of the leaked 2.2 that can be installed via Mac? ;)

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So with AT&T's FroYo for Captivate coming out tomorrow, does that make Verizon the last carrier to officially update their Galaxy S device? Anyone want to put together a version of the leaked 2.2 that can be installed via Mac? ;)

The Mezmerize on US Cellular is basically the same phone as the Fascinate and they don't have Froyo yet either.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Supposedly Samsung plans to have Gingerbread available in Spring...not if Verizon has anything to say about it! :p

LOL. I hear Verizon is coming out with a brand new phone of their own with what they consider to be the latest and greatest in software.......it's a stone tablet and chisel. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae