Fascinate Froyo Speculation and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah haha, figured as much. But hey that's great tho, now you guys will have even more to work with I imagine! I'm actually in the process of flashing right now :)

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Droidxcon man you were right. Its a long story, but verizon basically kept giving me broken Fascinates. So they let me choose a different phone, so I got the droid x and my god the screen just made me sad and I couldn't take it. I took it back and got the Fascinate back. I'm so glad I did that, because now the Fascinate will be the best phone ever with 2.2. If it gets gingerbread I will poop my self.

Reactions: DroidXcon

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Droidxcon man you were right. Its a long story, but verizon basically kept giving me broken Fascinates. So they let me choose a different phone, so I got the droid x and my god the screen just made me sad and I couldn't take it. I took it back and got the Fascinate back. I'm so glad I did that, because now the Fascinate will be the best phone ever with 2.2. If it gets gingerbread I will poop my self.

OH man....There's a mental image I didn't need..

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I cant do much without a phone :'(

Poor DroidXcon, if I could I would totally buy another one for you. But I'm broke. Lol.

But gais. Froyo. It is finally going to happen. Thank the Lord, God Almighty. And Samsung.

Sent from my (Verizon) Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk.

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm so very glad it seems like it will finally happen. My wife won't let me mess with her phone, so OTA is the only way she's getting Froyo...

Tarrant

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Wow.. I'm blown away by how many people are willing to immediately believe that this means an official Froyo release for the Fascinate is imminent. I won't enjoy watching the cycle of disappointment again, but it'll be clinically interesting to watch it play out.

In approximately 2 weeks, some of you will begin to question more vociferously what the hold-up is on VZW's end, and you'll cite the Samsung source release. In 4 weeks, some will again be openly questioning whether an official Froyo release is coming at all, and you'll point to the released source code and be unable to make sense of what's happening to you. In 6-8 weeks, the noise and anger levels will ramp up considerably, and by about the end of week 8, there'll be another mass-exodus of Fascinate owners who had their hopes shattered yet again.

Mark my words: There will. not. be. an official Froyo release for the Fascinate. That doesn't mean we won't HAVE Froyo: the dev community is working miracles, and we can be thankful for the "leaked" versions that are being provided by Samsung. It's not necessarily that big a deal, frankly, other than that we have to void our warranties in order to upgrade. But there will be no official update from Verizon Wireless, and you can come back and cite my posts next year if you'd like. I promise not to say I told you so. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall