Fascinate Froyo Speculation and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

spencer0279

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Froyo released on 14th

according to verizon the fascinate update was recieved on the 14th and was sent out on that day.. :O ( april 14th of this year xD ) and that it might take a while for it to get to peoples phones

Alienpup

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
How is Tarrant's "vision" closer to being accurate? He said NEVER, the Fascinate Froyo update is NEVER going to happen. Even if the Froyo update for the Fascinate doesn't come out for another 1,000 years. Those select few who actually thought the Froyo release would happen yesterday would still be more accurate than Tarrant. The difference between one day and 1,000 years is still more accurate than the difference between 1,000 years and NEVER.

Take a chill pill dude. The guy just voiced an opinion and you have to bash him?
Why can't you just read his post and shake your head and be done?

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
He didn't just voice his opinion. He repeatedly and adamantly said 2.2 would never happen, and then said he backed up his claim each time he said it (which he didn't, because there really is no way to back that up). As far as I'm considered that is borderline trolling, and he was warned accordingly

With that said, let's move on :)

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Take a chill pill dude. The guy just voiced an opinion and you have to bash him?
Why can't you just read his post and shake your head and be done?

I didn't bash him I simply stated a fact. If and when the Fascinate Froyo update happens, anyone who gave any kind of timeline will end up being more accurate than the Negative Nancy Tarrant.

And I don't need to take a chill pill. Take a few moments and search through the threads, or ask anyone here in the forums, and you will find out how many jokes I crack and how lively and fun I make things around here. But I also tell it like it is, and make sure the correct information is passed around to everyone.

And by posting your little scolding of me aren't you basically contradicting your advice to me of "Why can't you just read his post and shake your head and be done?" I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

See, that right thar is a darn funny observation :p:D

EDIT - Sorry Kevin, couldn't resist an attempt at humor to lighten the situation. I'll drop it.

RunSilent23

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
If you are going to have a SPECULATION thread...

you are going to have differences of opinions. Many of you read Tarrant's posting and only focused on the word "Never". But many ARE wondering what the hold up is on Verizon's end after the source code was released. A lot of us ARE wondering if the release will ever come at all. And lastly, it's obvious that the noise and anger levels ARE ramped up. That seems pretty accurate to me (even if I don't agree with the timeline or conclusion).

Personally, I believe that the OTA update from Verizon is imminent. There are a lot people who don't agree with that assessment but I still want to hear from them. As I said before, it's more fun than silence. When Froyo actually comes, then we can move on...;)

Reactions: Landshark

spencer0279

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
no.. my phone still said something there other than service not available even after i had updated it to the 2.1update thing.. at least im pretty sure ..

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
you are going to have differences of opinions. Many of you read Tarrant's posting and only focused on the word "Never". But many ARE wondering what the hold up is on Verizon's end after the source code was released. A lot of us ARE wondering if the release will ever come at all. And lastly, it's obvious that the noise and anger levels ARE ramped up. That seems pretty accurate to me (even if I don't agree with the timeline or conclusion).

Personally, I believe that the OTA update from Verizon is imminent. There are a lot people who don't agree with that assessment but I still want to hear from them. As I said before, it's more fun than silence. When Froyo actually comes, then we can move on...;)

Thank you for bringing in some clarity sir. I've been cranky and fatigued lately dealing with a bacterial infection in my large intestine. Sorry everyone.

Loudestbough

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
K, here is my two cents...

1) Hardware made specifically for our fascinates is being sold BY VERIZON, that requires froyo. If an upgrade was never planned, all the docks and such would have never been designed, and of course they wouldnt be sold.

2) 2.2 sourcecode for the I500 has already been released.

3) Most of us already have SC/voodoo/etc, and if it wasnt going to happen because it wasnt compatible, then there are a lot of us that have what amounts to the Virgin Mary in our pockets.

Yes, this thread is dedicated entirely to speculation, and I will speculate with respect, but some people out there do it in a very negative and condescending way. Its one thing to say that "As long as this update has been promised, I think you are falling into a trap if you expect it soon..." As opposed to "You are all fools if you think froyo will happen."

There is a big difference.

Reactions: Kevin Gossett

bxojr

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Actually, this thread is dedicated to "news, speculation, and discussion." Lately we've had a bit too much speculation and discussion for my taste (unavoidable, since Samsung and Verizon have made it hard for us to get any actual news).

But over the last couple of days there really has been some news: multiple people have talked to Verizon representatives and gotten various confirmations that a Froyo build from Samsung (presumably ED01) actually has been approved for OTA delivery. We still don't know when it's coming, but this is a huge step forward -- both in terms of progress toward an update, and in terms of actually getting information about status from Verizon.

I wish we'd gotten to this point four or five months ago, but nonetheless, I'm encouraged.

Reactions: RMThompson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance