04-20-2011 10:37 AM
493 123 ...
tools
    ANY official word yet?
    02-21-2011 09:01 PM
    Nothing official, just rumors at this point. It's gonna be one of those "wait and find out" situations.
    02-21-2011 09:02 PM
    Nothing official, just rumors at this point. It's gonna be one of those "wait and find out" situations.
    I doubt it because we would have seen source code by now dont you think?
    02-21-2011 09:04 PM
    I'd be surprised if we actually get it tomorrow. There's usually a lot more buzz about a big update. I'd think it's more realistically a couple weeks away yet. I actually don't really care that much anymore since I've got the EB01 build running stable...I don't really see much point to bothering with the OTA unless it's a new build and then there will probably be a better rooted version shortly thereafter.
    02-21-2011 09:07 PM
    I doubt it because we would have seen source code by now dont you think?
    Not always. If EB01 turns out to be the official, we already have that leak. Source Code isn't always released beforehand. Sometimes it's weeks afterwards.
    02-21-2011 09:28 PM
    ANY official word yet?
    Haven't you heard???

Bird is the word!
    jbr05ki and zerobleu like this.
    02-21-2011 09:50 PM
    They can't even get the TB out; let alone Froyo for the Fascinate
    02-21-2011 10:04 PM
    BA BA BA BA bird bird bird the bird is the word...
    02-21-2011 10:05 PM
    And where did this rumor start?
    02-21-2011 10:11 PM
    It was a footnote on one of our stories about the Epic getting Froyo tomorrow.
    02-21-2011 10:20 PM
    Im betting.......NO!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    02-21-2011 10:31 PM
    I got superclean 2.4. Even if it is released tomorrow I say verizon can take their bloated up froyo and "shove it up their iphone."

Sent from my Froyo Fascinate using Tapatalk.
    02-21-2011 10:34 PM
    Who cares I already have froyo and SC 2.4
    Other than the dismal battery life my phone has never worked better.
    I will wait till the devs get the official release and do their magic as I don't miss the bloatware or TW.
    02-21-2011 10:43 PM
    Well now that they got the Epic out of the way, they only have one thing left to do. Shift all resources over to the Samsung LTE phone.
    02-22-2011 02:44 AM
    I hope verizon makes the update.zip file readily available like sprint did since I can't do OTA anymore e

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk
    02-22-2011 03:09 AM
    Well now that they got the Epic out of the way, they only have one thing left to do. Shift all resources over to the Samsung LTE phone.
    ^this

for most of us tho, we could really care less now when the official froyo comes out since we have leaks already. altho source code would be nice =)
    02-22-2011 09:52 AM
    LOL! Well, can't say I'd be surprised. God that thing is hideous.
    02-22-2011 12:31 PM
    Yeah I honestly dont think samsung cares about the fascinate anymore... They got the LTE phone plus Galaxy S2 and the galaxy tab and whole bunch more newer devices they are worried about... Especially now that the developers leaked froyo i dont think samsung is in any hurry to get it out because if you dont have it from the developers by now odds are u prob dont care what rom u are running.... From a business strategy point of view i dont think samsung will put froyo out anytime soon and if they do itll be the last thing we get from them for our fascinate
    02-22-2011 12:38 PM
    so they spent all these resources to make froyo then stop cause it was leaked ....the amont of people that are using the leaked froyo is less than 1%
    Yeah I honestly dont think samsung cares about the fascinate anymore... They got the LTE phone plus Galaxy S2 and the galaxy tab and whole bunch more newer devices they are worried about... Especially now that the developers leaked froyo i dont think samsung is in any hurry to get it out because if you dont have it from the developers by now odds are u prob dont care what rom u are running.... From a business strategy point of view i dont think samsung will put froyo out anytime soon and if they do itll be the last thing we get from them for our fascinate

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk
    02-22-2011 01:52 PM
    Let's hope that this is not true, as even though I consider myself extremely "tech savvy" and have had phones with custom firmwares before, I am not going to be loading anything unofficial on my fascinate. There are too many threads about random things not working after flashing ROMs and my phone works too well as is. Even if they are not that difficult to get working again, I don't have the time to **** around with a device that I rely on daily, I get enough of that with my PCs. So let's hope you are full of crap (which you obviously are)
    RMThompson likes this.
    02-22-2011 02:59 PM
    Everybody's trying to figure this out by taking shots in the dark, but we're really pretty far from reality. The 2.2 issue is completely in Verizon's court -- they have total control over the software releases. Samsung could fix something as simple as the "EDF" button, and we'd never see it unless it flowed through Verizon first. This is a Verizon product, manufactured by Samsung.

The leak, and the fact that most of us here have rooted/flashed our phones, is of little to no consequence to Verizon. If anything, they would be more motivated to release their official build now so they can trump the "this is the only way I could have Froyo" argument.

Let us not forget how bad Verizon has been with software updates for ALL of their phones. I had an Env Touch for 2 years, and even through 11 software updates they never fixed even the most simple bugs. The Fascinate situation stinks because its in our face right now, but this is nothing new for Verizon.
    Ronindan likes this.
    02-22-2011 03:54 PM
    SO we're still...

02-22-2011 04:44 PM
    Everybody's trying to figure this out by taking shots in the dark, but we're really pretty far from reality. The 2.2 issue is completely in Verizon's court -- they have total control over the software releases. Samsung could fix something as simple as the "EDF" button, and we'd never see it unless it flowed through Verizon first. This is a Verizon product, manufactured by Samsung.

The leak, and the fact that most of us here have rooted/flashed our phones, is of little to no consequence to Verizon. If anything, they would be more motivated to release their official build now so they can trump the "this is the only way I could have Froyo" argument.

Let us not forget how bad Verizon has been with software updates for ALL of their phones. I had an Env Touch for 2 years, and even through 11 software updates they never fixed even the most simple bugs. The Fascinate situation stinks because its in our face right now, but this is nothing new for Verizon.
    Plus T-mobile and sprint released their froyo update, which leave VZW and AT&T.
    02-22-2011 04:44 PM
    I didn't get my hopes up today, so I'm not really that disappointed.

We get it when we get it, that's my take on it. Phone works well as is...
    02-22-2011 04:55 PM
    Plus T-mobile and sprint released their froyo update, which leave VZW and AT&T.
    Don't forget about US Cellular and the Mezmerize. They announced the Froyo release is coming soon, but no sign of it yet. Sound familiar?
    Ronindan likes this.
    02-22-2011 04:57 PM
493 123 ...