Hey everyone. My fascinate currently has the Superclean 2.4 version running on it, yet I still feel it is rather sluggish at times. I have a custom theme, (Nextang Orange Explosion), but nothing else that seems it would cause my phone to be laggy. Even before putting this theme on my phone it still seems to drag. One example would be the time it takes for my Text inbox to open up after I click Messages. It also tends to get stuck in a horizontal position when I first unlock it for a few seconds before going vertical again. Would making my homescreen more simplistic help solve this? I currently have several icons in it, as well as the Weather Channel widget and the Google Search bar. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!
    02-23-2011 04:26 PM
    I'm on EB01 debloated/deodexed original theme using launcher pro+

My first opening of messaging took 2-3 seconds (I haven't used messaging in 9 hours). I press home screen or back screen and then messaging again. 1 second to open. Even if I kill messaging and then click on it, 1 second to open. Almost instant.

But I keep my inbox pretty clean.

But yeah there are a few places it seems a bit laggy. Rarely bothers me.
    02-23-2011 10:36 PM
    Today it seems even worse. My phone is literally almost laggy to the point of being worthless. It takes several seconds after unlocking to even do anything, several more to load my inbox, and several more to open a text. Then the keyboard takes a minute to pop up, then a few more seconds to even start typing. The lag on each letter is so bad that my auto correct (Swiftkey) inputs the wrong letters, butchering my texts, which then take forever to erase. It's awful and I have no clue what's causing it. I'm about to completely wipe my phone of everything, go to stock, and re root it (as much as I'd hate to).
    02-24-2011 02:31 PM
    You probably have some apps running in the background that are tying up the CPU. I use SystemPanel Lite to see whats going on and who's bogging my phone down.

Honestly, if you do a full clear on data/cache/etc; and keep the same ROM, you'll probably see a huge performance boost. These phones get cluttered up similar to your PC.
    drjohnson89 likes this.
    02-24-2011 02:41 PM
    I have the default Task Manager that is on the fascinate and only see my launcher running. Where do I go to do a full data/cache clear? And will I lose anything by clearing it? Thanks again!
    02-24-2011 02:57 PM
    I came out of DJ05 and into 2.4 and yes the phone is sluggish. I really notice it when I press the power button to wake the phone up. This ususally was quick, now it is slow. Everything when pressing buttons to it switching seems a little slower.
    02-24-2011 04:10 PM
    That's how I feel. It was extremely fast for a few days, now it is just awful, especially after pushing the power button, but even a good majority of the time after. Going from one homescreen to the next is slow and sometimes requires multiple swipes etc. I don't know what I should do.
    02-24-2011 05:21 PM
    Boot into clockwork recovery then only wipe cache partition
    That's how I feel. It was extremely fast for a few days, now it is just awful, especially after pushing the power button, but even a good majority of the time after. Going from one homescreen to the next is slow and sometimes requires multiple swipes etc. I don't know what I should do.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    drjohnson89 likes this.
    02-24-2011 05:22 PM
    Thanks! I'll do this asap! Also, my phone seems to lock up and restart maybe once a day now. Would this possibly fix that?
    02-24-2011 06:29 PM
    Thanks! I'll do this asap! Also, my phone seems to lock up and restart maybe once a day now. Would this possibly fix that?
    I dont know , try it and let me know, when i get weird stuff like that i wipe by flashing DI01 with odin , then starting over
    02-24-2011 06:34 PM
    Is D101 the stock build? I may need that file anyways as my screen has an image burn and I'm looking at getting it replaced!

02-24-2011 06:56 PM
    Yes that's stock in the stickies ...tools of the trade you will find stock files there
    Is D101 the stock build? I may need that file anyways as my screen has an image burn and I'm looking at getting it replaced!

drjohnson89 likes this.
    02-24-2011 07:01 PM
    Thanks! I've been wondering that! Will that wipe my sd card too, or just the phone itself?
    02-24-2011 08:30 PM
    Thanks! I've been wondering that! Will that wipe my sd card too, or just the phone itself?
    Just the phone i dont know any process that wipes the sdcard
    besides formatting from inside settings
    drjohnson89 likes this.
    02-24-2011 08:32 PM
    If I wanted to literally start my phone from scratch and re root it with superclean 2.4, would simply flashing D101 be enough? Or would I want to reformat the SD card as well (saving pics etc)?
    02-24-2011 08:37 PM
    If I wanted to literally start my phone from scratch and re root it with superclean 2.4, would simply flashing D101 be enough? Or would I want to reformat the SD card as well (saving pics etc)?
    whats on your card does not effect your phone unless its corrupted....and you can just flash superclean 2.4 it wipes your phone and has root included...... DI01 just does a a deeper wipe because it writes alot of other parts that you never see
    02-24-2011 08:42 PM
    Ah okay. I reflashed superclean 2.4 yesterday, but things seem to be running poorly again. I'm not really sure what it could be. I did the clockwork cache wipe you told me to do and that's seemed to help some.
    02-24-2011 09:04 PM
    ^ I dont know if this solution will work for you (It did work for me). Try with another sdcard. My phone usually gets sluggish when that media scanner is running. At one point of time, there was considerable amount of data on my sdcard, and the media scanner would take forever to finish its scanning. And while the process if going on, everything else would be sluggish. I got a new Sandisk sdcard, transfered all the stuff into it and there was a dramatic improvement in performance. Seems the previous sdcard went bad and the phone had trouble reading data off it.
    drjohnson89 likes this.
    02-26-2011 02:02 AM
    also maybe try superclean 2.5
    02-26-2011 02:09 AM
    There's a 2.5 now? Man, these things just keep flying out! Downloading now!
    03-01-2011 12:25 AM
    There's a 2.5 now? Man, these things just keep flying out! Downloading now!
    theres a 2.6 actually , comeon man get with the times
    03-01-2011 12:27 AM
    Today it seems even worse. My phone is literally almost laggy to the point of being worthless. It takes several seconds after unlocking to even do anything, several more to load my inbox, and several more to open a text. Then the keyboard takes a minute to pop up, then a few more seconds to even start typing. The lag on each letter is so bad that my auto correct (Swiftkey) inputs the wrong letters, butchering my texts, which then take forever to erase. It's awful and I have no clue what's causing it. I'm about to completely wipe my phone of everything, go to stock, and re root it (as much as I'd hate to).
    i just installed the EB01 debloat/detoxed and dont have any problems at all and as far as speed goes it seems to be faster than before.

one thing everyone might consider is to not load the app killer..
    i read smewhere maybe even here that is was a drager at times and did more harm than good.. just a thought..

this thought from a fascinate;;; running froyo EB01db --- thus far it is right on the button
    drjohnson89 likes this.
    03-01-2011 12:32 AM
    The irony of seeing this post after 2.7 had been posted and yanked from the forums kills me. Also, I have a thread open about it but may as well ask here. Would using odin to flash D101 on my phone completely wipe it and make it factory-esque? My phones having the weirdest problems and feels slower than my Samsung Rogue did (alright, not that slow). I'm wondering if flashing D101 for a fresh start, then flashing 2.6 or even the EB01 would fix it?
    03-02-2011 10:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD