Stable launcher recommendation?

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
LP had been around a while and that's why everyone uses it, even a couple of months ago it was still the best but now ADW EX and maybe GO are nicer IMO. LP still has the advantage with its widgets but I don't use any of them personally. They're all good, nice to have choices.

I am an ADW fan as well, using EX currently, but ever since EB01 I've experienced frequent delays in ADW re-launching after closing an app.

I've recently been running Tasker and it now periodically is giving me a "low memory" warning. Not sure what the issue is yet and I don't think it's ADW but it definitely is affecting it. Need to swap ADW with LP and stock TW and see if issue goes away or not.

Kind of annoying but this build still has some polishing to do. Once some more new kernels come out that might help.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I am an ADW fan as well, using EX currently, but ever since EB01 I've experienced frequent delays in ADW re-launching after closing an app.

I've recently been running Tasker and it now periodically is giving me a "low memory" warning. Not sure what the issue is yet and I don't think it's ADW but it definitely is affecting it. Need to swap ADW with LP and stock TW and see if issue goes away or not.

Kind of annoying but this build still has some polishing to do. Once some more new kernels come out that might help.

i havent tried adw on froyo. i like the widgets from launcher pro. i havent had any lag or delays.

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
i havent tried adw on froyo. i like the widgets from launcher pro. i havent had any lag or delays.

Dude it's very subtle, I can't stress enough that they're all good. But for instance, in LP half the time when I open the app drawer the "fly-in" would stutter and skip just a bit. In ADW EX it's buttah. EX is a little smoother overall IMO. I personally like custom icons for folders which LP can't do last I checked.

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Lol I knew that, I meant that I don't like the image previews that you get with the gallery (esp for docks) I wish it would let you pick your icons through something else, like GO EX does

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

You can use Root Explorer if you long press/edit/click icon/select and crop picture