Wont update after system restore?

melissasroja

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone. Ok so heres my issue. The phone has been wicked buggy. It was getting to the point where I was dangerously close to saying forget it and going back to my X which I really dont want to do. I love the feel, size, look of this phone. And all in all it runs smoothly with the exception of these issues. The issues were just getting so annoying. Anyway I decided to do a system restore and set it back to the way it was when I got it. It didnt seem to have these issues before I went to FROYO so I figured it was worth going back and seeing if that would fix it and just wait for VZW to get off their butts and release it. So I did the restore this morning with Odin and it went fine. No issues. I turn the phone on and get contacts sync'd and all that. Then it tells me that there is a system update. I checked because I knew when I got the phone it had one so I figured ok lets just get that done with. Well it starts the update and after 45 mins at 9% I decided it clearly wasnt going anywhere so I restarted the phone. Came back up still at 9%. Another 20 mins passes and it tells me its unable to do the update. So Now Im checking for the update again and all I get is "please wait..." for like 5 mins and then the screen locks up and I cant do anything for a few mins. Finally I get it to the home page and go back to check for updates and same thing. Please wait...lock up...home...blah blah blah. So my question is do you think this is phone related or server related? I havent tried downloading any of my apps yet. Once it finishes locking up this time Ill try that and update this if apps gives me an issue as well. Thanks.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
You lost me on boot into recovery lol.

with the phone off hold Volume up+volume down+power button , you will see samsung flash once, then flash again, then let go of the buttons

then use the volume down button to scroll to apply sdcard:update.zip. then hit the home button to select

melissasroja

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Nope still nothing. Can I do it with an sd card reader and then put the card back in the phone for the recovery part?

ETA: Nope again. I just put the sd card in the reader and it wont let me delete any files?

ETA again lol: Its write protected but I have no clue how to take that away. It wont let me add music or pics to it either.

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Nope still nothing. Can I do it with an sd card reader and then put the card back in the phone for the recovery part?

ETA: Nope again. I just put the sd card in the reader and it wont let me delete any files?

ETA again lol: Its write protected but I have no clue how to take that away. It wont let me add music or pics to it either.

what if you reboot your computer

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

make sure the write lock on the card reader is off.

melissasroja

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Did it. Rebooted the comp and the phone. Twice. Ive added music and pics to this card dozens of times with it in the phone. Never been an issue.

melissasroja

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Adapter. I got it working with a different one. Its doing the yellow update thingy now. What build should it say when its finished? Thank you! Im so glad you guys never sleep! lol

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Adapter. I got it working with a different one. Its doing the yellow update thingy now. What build should it say when its finished? Thank you! Im so glad you guys never sleep! lol

infact i took codine a bit ago and i have been struggling not to fall asleep on you

should be DL09

melissasroja

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I might need some of that before we are done lol.

Ok my screen says:

Sorry! The application TcLauncher (process.com.sec.android.app.twlauncher) has stopped unexpetedly. Please try again.

It had another box in the background but that went away on me before I saw what it said.

I force closed it and it says its DL09

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I might need some of that before we are done lol.

Ok my screen says:

Sorry! The application TcLauncher (process.com.sec.android.app.twlauncher) has stopped unexpetedly. Please try again.

It had another box in the background but that went away on me before I saw what it said.

I force closed it and it says its DL09

boot into recovery , wipe cache partition
then reboot

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital