having problems connecting my phone to my pc

cwd500

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
when i conncet nothing happens but charging. i have tried it with debugging on and off and on mass storage and ask on connection. i have uninstalled and reinstalled the usb driver. i have power down the phone and rebooted it. i have rebooted the computer. is there anything else i can try? i am coming to think it is the phone and i need to bring it to verizon.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
when i conncet nothing happens but charging. i have tried it with debugging on and off and on mass storage and ask on connection. i have uninstalled and reinstalled the usb driver. i have power down the phone and rebooted it. i have rebooted the computer. is there anything else i can try? i am coming to think it is the phone and i need to bring it to verizon.

so when you are plugged in and in debugging mode with the phone connected you reboot and nothing?

watch this video,, obviously dont use the same files but go over it tell me if there is anything in there that will help,, if not we will try something else

http://forum.androidcentral.com/sam...l-samsung-usb-drivers-windows-7-flawless.html

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same thing happen screwing with this phone. I have gone back to stock about 4 times and tried a bunch of different ROMs / Kernels / Themes etc...

What I have found is that the USB Serial Bus controller gets confused. Sometimes I have seen a yellow Bang! on it and sometimes not. Remove your USB Serial Bus controllers for "USB Mass Storage Device".

1. Unplug your phone
  2. Right click on My Computer
  3. Click on Device Manager
  4. Expand your USB Serial Bus Controller (will be expanded if there are any bangs on it)
  5. Right click and remove each "USB Mass Storage Device"
  6. Plug your phone back in (use a USB port that is directly on your Motherboard)
  7. Computer should recognize it and automatically reinstall the driver you already have on your computer from previous installation. (if not use the one DroidXcon posted above)
You 'should' be back in business

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have had the same thing happen screwing with this phone. I have gone back to stock about 4 times and tried a bunch of different ROMs / Kernels / Themes etc...

What I have found is that the USB Serial Bus controller gets confused. Sometimes I have seen a yellow Bang! on it and sometimes not. Remove your USB Serial Bus controllers for "USB Mass Storage Device".

1. Unplug your phone
  4. Expand your USB Serial Bus Controller (will be expanded if there are any bangs on it)
  6. Plug your phone back in (use a USB port that is directly on your Motherboard)
  7. Computer should recognize it and automatically reinstall the driver you already have on your computer from previous installation. (if not use the one DroidXcon posted above)

very good advice. often if you create a new user account on your pc, it will do the same thing.

cwd500

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site

1. Unplug your phone

didn't work. when i pluged it back in it just charges the phone.

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Can you list here what you have under "USB Serial Bus Controller" in your device manager?

For example I have:

Samsung Android USB Composite Device
Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller
USB Composite Device
USB Composite Device
USB Mass Storage Device
USB Mass Storage Device
USB Root Hub
USB Root Hub

Some of those are listed twice as I have more than one of those connected obviously.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Try this..pull your battery plug your phone in hold down volume button until you see a big yellow triangle and it says do not turn off tArget at the bottom...let it sit for about 3 mins...then disconnect put the battery back in and try connecting
didn't work. when i pluged it back in it just charges the phone.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Are you having these issues while trying to one click root?

I noticed today the following:

Flashed back to stock DJ05

Enabled Debug Mode

Ran one click root

it automatically reboots your phone

on reboot debug mode showed up in status bar then disappeared

I had to run one click again and when phone rebooted while it was in a wait state for SD Scan I removed usb, went to enable debug mode, and reconnected usb. All went well.

Now what I am not sure of is why debug gets unset. My thought (have not tested) is that you may need to set that option then reboot your phone and see if it sticks. If it does then try the one click reboot method.

cwd500

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I am wanting to flash the eb01 package, but when I plug in the phone it does nothing but charge. It does not even show nothing in the notification bar. I talked to Verizon today and they gave me the number to tech support.

briguyy

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I too am having problems accessing my phone on my PC. I tried what DroidXcon said to do but im still get this:
I plug the phone in, the computer recognizes it as Removable Disk G: and when i double click on Removable Disk G: it says " Please insert a disk into removable disk G:" and there is a cancel button and nothing else.
Im running Windows 7 Ultimate X64 Bit
The phone is stock except for Launcher Pro Plus.
I put some music on my phone about 3 months ago and this is the first time ive tried to connect since then so it may have to do with the EA28 update....?:-\

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Give me a couple.mins ill get you 64 bit drivers to try
I too am having problems accessing my phone on my PC. I tried what DroidXcon said to do but im still get this:
I plug the phone in, the computer recognizes it as Removable Disk G: and when i double click on Removable Disk G: it says " Please insert a disk into removable disk G:" and there is a cancel button and nothing else.
Im running Windows 7 Ultimate X64 Bit
The phone is stock except for Launcher Pro Plus.
I put some music on my phone about 3 months ago and this is the first time ive tried to connect since then so it may have to do with the EA28 update....?:-\

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
briguyy,

I had the same problem with the USB connection to my PC. It called it a removable disk and asked you to insert a disk. I tried everything to no avail. I was running EA28 stock, but DL09 did the same thing. I kept waiting for Verizon and Samsung to put out the promised update. Oh, and I too am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

I finally got tired of waiting and flashed my phone to Superclean 2.6. Problem solved. But then I wanted my Samsung widgets back (superclean removed them) so I flashed again to the Froyo 2.2 stock EB01 and I am happy with this. Since I am now rooted I was able to disable the Verizon bloatware but still keep the Samsung widgets.

Yes, I was very hesitant about flashing for the first time. But I read up on it first, asked some questions, and followed the instructions exactly and it went perfectly. I didn't hesitate at all the second time (smile).

I don't know if you are willing to flash or not but it will cure the problem.

briguyy

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
DroidXcon- Thanks for the driver link. I tried it and the same outcome as before. Frustrated, i tried connecting on another machine XP Pro SP3 32 bit with the same problem and yet another machine Windows 7 Prof. 32 bit..same problem. Im at the point now it has something to do with the phone.

rjack22- I have thought about rooting and putting on the Froyo 2.2...something to think about. I just wanted to put some more music on my phone.
Will let you know if i decide to go Froyo.

cwd500

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
did you do what i said with the battery out, plug in the phone and put it into download mode?

Now I am getting a notification that said debugging is on and it click it to turn off and one saying that I am connected and click to mount, But they keep going away. It also doesn't show anything in my computer

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
A way around it

briguyy,

What I was doing (when I had the problem) to get files on my phone was to remove the mini SD card from the phone and insert it into the card reader on my PC. That allowed me to move files to the phone. It was a big pain though because my phone is in one of those snap on cases and it was very difficult to remove it. Now that I have done that a number of times it is easier to remove. But it is far better now that I can just plug in the USB cable and have it work.

Robin

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Now I am getting a notification that said debugging is on and it click it to turn off and one saying that I am connected and click to mount, But they keep going away. It also doesn't show anything in my computer

Do you have another cable, maybe that one is messed up

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phlyx