Error when copying to SD card

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I was trying to put my stuff back on my sd card from my documents on my computer, and I get an error message that says "cannot copy file:.... - the path is too deep" I'm getting a little concerned, because I can't get it to take hardly any transfers at all. A few pictures from the same directory will go in, but then it will hang up and after a minute or 2 gives that error. I did use my windows format feature to wipe the sd card. Please - any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

DJKnut

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm still a NuBe here... but I think you should use the phones SD card format function... NOT Windows... That may clear up you problem. DJ

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm still a NuBe here... but I think you should use the phones SD card format function... NOT Windows... That may clear up you problem. DJ

Yeah - I just formatted again with the phones format feature, and it seems to be taking the files.

I thought the computer's would have been a more thorough wipe, since it takes about 20 minutes to do my 16gb card, so I tried it.

I may still use it in the future, but just followed by a phone's format after that.

Thanks for the suggestion.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
yeah, you generally want to format it on the phone as you'll run into less issues that way.

yes and no.

the phone doesnt format the card, it just overlays the new file system.

the windows will do a more thurogh wipe. once thats dont THEN format with phone.

samantha_chloe

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Long Path Tool help me a lot when i have an issue like file deleting or renaming the file. Also good to use if file name and file extension is too long.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc