Phone wont stay off while charging?

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Is there a reason for this? Is there a setting that I can change so that it does stay off while plugged into the charger?

Thanks!

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Is there a reason for this? Is there a setting that I can change so that it does stay off while plugged into the charger?

Thanks!

What kernel / rom are you using? there is an option but if your setup does not have the option I am not sure how you can change it other than using something like widgetzoid.

Menu > applications > development is where the option is.

**EDIT**

Or simply hit the power button to lock the screen after plugging it in.

SuperClean 2.9 has the option

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
If you go to: settings/applications/development/... turn on Stay Awake. The phone will not go completely black but it will dim the screen while charging.

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, I amtrying to use terminal emulator to wipe my bstats and, as LandShark had advised, it is best to charge to 100% with the phone powered off so it can get to a "true" 100% charge before wiping the bstats.

I am using 2.9sc with EB01

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Just to clarify, I want my phone to charge with the power off... not just the screen to be off. Thanks

OK if you are following those steps you charge the phone to 100%. Once this is done you SHUT DOWN THE PHONE. TURN IT OFF.

Hold the Power Button and choose Power Off so the phone is OFF.

Plug in your Power Cable and a green battery shows up on the screen letting you know it is charging. This you cannot turn off other than hitting the power button I believe.

When it is OFF and at 100% (if screen is off hit power button with a quick tap to show battery %) you then power the phone on and go to Terminal Emulator to run BSTATS.

Reactions: Landshark

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Also you found your way to the below thread. Please in the future post a reply in an existing thread that deals with your issue rather than creating a new thread and cluttering the forums.

These threads are updated when you post and are at the top. They are read by the members and addressed in the same amount of time that a new thread would be addressed in.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...oms-hacks/58334-how-improve-battery-life.html

Reactions: Landshark

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
OK if you are following those steps you charge the phone to 100%. Once this is done you SHUT DOWN THE PHONE. TURN IT OFF.

Hold the Power Button and choose Power Off so the phone is OFF.

Plug in your Power Cable and a green battery shows up on the screen letting you know it is charging. This you cannot turn off other than hitting the power button I believe.

When it is OFF and at 100% (if screen is off hit power button with a quick tap to show battery %) you then power the phone on and go to Terminal Emulator to run BSTATS.

That's the thing... when I power my phone off and plug my charger in, it does not show the green battery. Instead, the phone turns on... not sure how to prevent this from happening

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Also you found your way to the below thread. Please in the future post a reply in an existing thread that deals with your issue rather than creating a new thread and cluttering the forums.

These threads are updated when you post and are at the top. They are read by the members and addressed in the same amount of time that a new thread would be addressed in.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...oms-hacks/58334-how-improve-battery-life.html

Noted... will keep this mind for the future. Thanks

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
That's the thing... when I power my phone off and plug my charger in, it does not show the green battery. Instead, the phone turns on... not sure how to prevent this from happening

If the phone is plugged in at the time you choose the "Power Off" option you do not power off? You actually reboot?

Or

Do you have the USB Power cord removed, choose to "Power Off" then when off you plug it back in?

If you are doing the second here I would NOT disconnect the power cord when you "Power Off". Leave it plugged in and Power Off.

If you are doing the first one and the phone reboots then that is messed up as I have never seen or heard of that before and it should not be doing that.

(MOD will most likely move this into the battery thread before the end of day)

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I have tried both...

With cord plugged in - if I choose "POwer Off", it reboots

Without cord - I power off, phone shuts down, plug cord in, phone turns on

I am at a loss here...

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Are u using the cable that came with the phone I have a differnt cable at home and if I use it it turns my phone back on but if I use the one that came with the phone it stays off. So are u useing a differnt cable?

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Are u using the cable that came with the phone I have a differnt cable at home and if I use it it turns my phone back on but if I use the one that came with the phone it stays off. So are u useing a differnt cable?

The charger I have here is my spare, so it is not the stock Smamsung charger...

I thought I used the one it came with, but may not have. I will have to check when I get home.

Thanks for this... that could be the answer to my problem (fingers crossed!)

Thanks!

Last edited:

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
The charger I have here is my spare, so it is not the stock Smamsung charger...

I thought I used the one it came with, but may not have. I will have to check when I get home.

Thanks for this... that could be the answer to my problem (fingers crossed!)

Thanks!

If it happens with the stock charger as well the only thing I can think of trying is to remove the battery from the phone for at least 5 to 10 minutes. Take it out of the phone entirely like you were going to flash with Odin.

After it being out for 5 to 10 minutes pop it back in and see if it still does it.

If it does then the only other thing I can think of is that your phone is possessed. Return it and run out of the store so it won't follow you home....

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I bet its the cable like I said mine will only stay off with the one that came with the phone all my other nonsamsung cables cause my phone to turn back on.

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
OK... so I just tried the stock Samsung charger that came with the phone... no luck. Still the following:

With cord plugged in - if I choose "Power Off", it reboots

Without cord - I power off, phone shuts down, plug cord in, phone turns on

anyone else have ideas for me??? Thanks

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Dang I really thought it would work hmm no clue now dang so now my phone is the only one like that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1