Wondering if other peoples phone gets hot while charging

dark96

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
So I was just wondering if anybody :) gets a bit warm on the back near the camera and screen gets a bit warm when charging. Not hot to touch, but but warm like its been in use for some time.i just sorta noticed it and wanted to make sure it was normal. I called verizon and they just told me to take it in. but wanted to ask here before going through the trouble to unrooting ti take it in. thanks for the help.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So I was just wondering if anybody :) gets a bit warm on the back near the camera and screen gets a bit warm when charging. Not hot to touch, but but warm like its been in use for some time.i just sorta noticed it and wanted to make sure it was normal. I called verizon and they just told me to take it in. but wanted to ask here before going through the trouble to unrooting ti take it in. thanks for the help.

As far as I know, it's normal, especially if you leave it on the charger for a long time after it is fully charged.

Reactions: dark96

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Oh my god dude no its going to blow up run away fast as u can..... no just joking bored on a friday night mine does that to don't think its a big deal as long as its just warm not hot.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

wgc19136

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site

Yes. I was just down in Disney last week and on 2 occasions my phone stopped charging because it was too hot.

Got a message charging has paused because the temperature is either too hot or too cold and a little thermometer on the screen.

While at Disney the phone never made it anywhere near a whole day with minimal use. We started out at noon one day and by 7pm the phone was dead.

I wish i could get out of this contract.

Bill

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Mine just get warm. It does get hot if I am playing games or loading or new apps while it is plugged in to the wall charger.

dark96

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes. I was just down in Disney last week and on 2 occasions my phone stopped charging because it was too hot.

Got a message charging has paused because the temperature is either too hot or too cold and a little thermometer on the screen.

While at Disney the phone never made it anywhere near a whole day with minimal use. We started out at noon one day and by 7pm the phone was dead.

I wish i could get out of this contract.

Bill

bill did you ever talk to anybody at verizon bout that issue? to see if something was up with the phone or battery? this is actually my second phone, cause the first would literally drain my battery within 2 1/2 to 3 hrs of min. use, so they sent me a new phone, and has been doing fine. though like i said in the first post bout not really realizing it getting warm while charging and worrying that it was doing the same thing again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084