***Everyone needs to see this video about a new launcher***

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So I'm bored today because there are no new themes to try, I'm done for now with all the different testing I was doing, and Adrynalyne hasn't worked his magic and given us his usual new version of Superfrankenclean every three days or so. I swear he has the whole thing done through Honeycomb and is just releasing it in bits and pieces to torture and tease us and watch us come running like ducks in a public park when a person shows up with bread for them :p:D

So I decide I'll see what's new over at xda, and I stumble upon this gem just posted about three hours ago. (Thanks Daswolven for finding this) It is a new launcher in beta testing right now and it is UNBELIEVABLE!!!! It is called SPB Mobile Shell - Android 3D UI, and it looks like maybe it was debuted at Mobile World Congress. Best news is according to the developers it has been tested and works on the Samsung Galaxy S. You have to check out this YouTube video:

YouTube - SPB Mobile Shell - Android 3D UI - MWC 2011

Anyone who wants to try it out and play with it can get it here: (Thanks cpark_12)
http://search.4shared.com/search.ht...icView=false&searchName=SPB+shell+apk&start=0
or here: (thanks pizzadude)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0DENOCR5

EDIT - And just so everyone knows, by starting this thread I was not trying to say we should all go out and load this up and make it our default launcher. It is still in Beta testing so there are going to be bugs. It definitely needs some things changed to make it more functional. Primary among the changes should be the level of customizing the end user can do with it. Everyone has different preferences as to how they want their launcher set up. That's why I'm such a big fan of Launcher Pro. I just wanted to share the video with everyone as I saw it as hopefully a glimpse of what the future may possibly hold for our Fascinate and Android phones in general. I think it is exciting.

Last edited:

djlim4

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
wow it looks beautiful
maybe it's just me but it doesn't seem all that practical though
still gotta give it a whirl

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm not too worried about functionality right now considering it is still in beta testing. I just think everyone would like to see what is being worked on right now and the future possibilities for our Fascinate.

cpark_12

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Nevermind...i got it and installed it...it works great! I'm working in arranging my icons now

Sent from my Froyo'd Fascinate via Tapatalk

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
It is apparently easy to find the beta apk on the net. I haven't looked for it yet because I'm still mesmerized by the video.

lol. "i dont care about the launcher, i just wanna watch the video".

i had spb on my winmo phone. its neto and all, i will have to see how it runs on android.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Next thing ya know - All the theme developers will be bundling this with their themes... That will get things rolling!

I like that way of thinking. If this launcher does have any functionality at all I may actually be willing to let it cover up my Chicago Blackhawks wallpaper :eek:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I like that way of thinking. If this launcher does have any functionality at all I may actually be willing to let it cover up my Chicago Blackhawks wallpaper :eek:

Well that should be done anyway...

/Flyers Fan

Lots to like there, lots to go but it is sweet. You can move the icons from one screen to the next as you would normally do...not a whole lot of things to do as far as settings

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well that should be done anyway...

/Flyers Fan

Lots to like there, lots to go but it is sweet. You can move the icons from one screen to the next as you would normally do...not a whole lot of things to do as far as settings

Oh, in that case I'll send you the wallpaper. It's the pic from when they were on the ice at the Wells Fargo Center surrounding the Cup. :cool:

That would be a big drawback for me because I love the customizing ability of LP.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Oh, in that case I'll send you the wallpaper. It's the pic from when they were on the ice at the Wells Fargo Center surrounding the Cup. :cool:

That would be a big drawback for me because I love the customizing ability of LP.

I saw it in another thread..died just a bit imside til I realized we can get back this year and Chicago ripped thier team apart.

I imagine that more options will come since this is just a beta. Anyone try using bettercut on the icons?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk