04-08-2011 01:09 PM
73 123
tools
    I would like to thank all of the people in this section of the forums who contribute their time and effort to make the Fascinate a great phone, especially the following, but not in any specific order, Corry, DroidXcon, gunnermike and Adrynalyne. Those are just the ones i can remember off the top of my head, i'm sure there are more. This forum has kept me from pulling my hair out...

I will be moving to the TB forums on Thursday. Keep up the great work guys!!!!

Best Regards,
    Richard Howell
    03-15-2011 11:50 AM
    Have fun.

I would wait to hear about battery life before I make that leap.

Well, plus I'm hoping for dual core units to start popping up (and again some battery life reports).
    03-15-2011 12:44 PM
    Have fun.

I would wait to hear about battery life before I make that leap.

Well, plus I'm hoping for dual core units to start popping up (and again some battery life reports).
    I'm totally on that page.

Glad we could help you out man!
    03-15-2011 02:16 PM
    I would like to thank all of the people in this section of the forums who contribute their time and effort to make the Fascinate a great phone, especially the following, but not in any specific order, Corry, DroidXcon, gunnermike and Adrynalyne. Those are just the ones i can remember off the top of my head, i'm sure there are more. This forum has kept me from pulling my hair out...

I will be moving to the TB forums on Thursday. Keep up the great work guys!!!!

Best Regards,
    Richard Howell
    Hate to see you go but I hope you enjoy your new phone. I'm glad that you found out that you needed from us.
    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    03-15-2011 03:11 PM
    It's been real it's been fun but hasnt been real fun. I sold my Fascinate and picking up the TB tonight good luck with the Fascinate hopefully you guys will have 2.2 by 2012
    03-17-2011 07:00 PM
    It's been real it's been fun but hasnt been real fun. I sold my Fascinate and picking up the TB tonight good luck with the Fascinate hopefully you guys will have 2.2 by 2012
    had 2.2 for almost 2 months, but that was funny , you comedian you lol

enjoy the bolt, congrats
    03-17-2011 07:30 PM
    A much as I hate to say it. I'm waiting for the samsung lte. I can't downgrade the screen ;p

03-17-2011 07:49 PM
    Same here I can't give it up the screen is to nice and pretty and that's what im looking at all the time and this mother does all I want it to do so I love my phone the tb can kiss my screen lol.

03-17-2011 07:59 PM
    I'm spoiled as well. I don't think I could give up the screen. On another note I'm hearing the TB is getting really bad battery life. Another reason to hold out.
    03-17-2011 09:06 PM
    I love my screen, and I love the speed! Think I'll stay right here... GL with the TB dude!
    03-17-2011 09:23 PM
    had 2.2 for almost 2 months, but that was funny , you comedian you lol

enjoy the bolt, congrats
    Yeah, with DroidXcon and Adrynalyne's help this phone now kicks major ***. It's like I upgraded. THIS phone kicks major ***. That stock one I was dealing with - not so much. The screen and weight makes my iPhone friends jealous.

Good luck - TB will likely be really nice.
    03-17-2011 10:02 PM
    +1 on loving my Fascinate and Sammy's screens! SC keeps getting better and better so I'm staying put till Sammy drops a dual core LTE

03-17-2011 10:08 PM
    I have had the SF for four months now. Glad my wife didn't burn her upgrade yet. If sammy comes out with a sweet LTE I am transferring that upgrade to me!
    03-17-2011 10:16 PM
    One thing the Fascinate has taught me is NEVER get a phone on day 1.
    03-18-2011 12:40 AM
    yea sorta wondering who would drop the fascinate and go for the tb? i thougth bout it, but its to much cash, even with an upgrade for me, compared to getting my fascinate free when my wife upgraded hers and we added 2 more lines
    03-18-2011 01:34 AM
    Went into my local vzw store today to see the bolt. Honestly with my fascinate loaded with superclean froyo and voodoo, I really didn't see why the bolt was better. Yeah the screen is slighty bigger and has a cool kickstand, but I really think the screen on fascinate is brighter and crisper than the bolt. Also the battery is smaller and considering how some of us are complaining about battery life, does not bode well for the bolt.
    I was kinda considering getting it but said to myself nahh my phone is good.

edit:
    I was thinking about starting a thread in the tbolt forums about my observations but decided against it. I don't have a flamesuit strong enough to withstand the immense firestorm that would have ensued.
    03-18-2011 02:05 AM
    I gotta say, after comparing the screen, I can't see downgraded.. Yes it would be nice to have the slightly larger screen, and the kick stand is cool and all, but I already have a case for my SF that has a kickstand. As for the Froyo 2012 bit... I as well am already rocking 2.2 and playing around with all the other ROM goodness that is offered thanks to our hardworking Devs.. But the TB does look nice. I just can't justify the expense when my phone works great now, and I don't even have LTE in my area, that I am aware of... not to mention, I am really not sold on LTE or 4g anyways.. what do i really need it for?
    03-18-2011 02:32 AM
    Agreed, If and when i upgrade, it will have to be a dual core phone... and something with a super amoled screen... like a galaxy s2... and although that bionic is looking sweet, i am done with moto. starting toi lock down products like apple... i have a fascinate with froyo, ( just traded my droid x for it) and it does everything i want it to with plenty of speed... bet it can hang with the best of em'...
    Landshark likes this.
    03-18-2011 09:06 AM
    Would it be fair to say a switch to the TB is a good upgrade for someone who doesn't want to root, hack, voodoo, ROM or whatever their phone? I rooted just to remove bloat, but I don't want/need to do anything else. I think the phone is great as is, but the response to most posts here is to root and ROM your Fascinate if you want it to even be at a level of other phones.

HTC has the most phones on 2.2, and is the fastest to upgrade their phones. I'm not switching to the TB yet because I can't give up the super AMOLED, and I really like this phone a lot. But I can see a move to the TB being good for someone who wants 2.2 right now, and a better chance of getting an upgrade in future in a timely manner.
    03-18-2011 09:22 AM
    I'm still considering it. Went to the Verizon store yesterday to play around with one. It felt nice and solid and everything seemed really fast. The screen didn't look that bad until I put the two side by side on maximum brightness to compare and then it was no contest. I wasn't surprised that the Fascinate's screen was better but the difference was quite impressive. Guess I along with the rest of you have been spoiled by this screen. It was actually the reason I bought the Fascinate in the first place.

Why HTC decided to put the recently used apps in the pull down is beyond me as it seems redundant since you can just long press on the home key. The quick toggles like the Galaxy S series would've been much better. They did include a notification light but put it behind the speaker grill which makes it difficult to see sometime. I also really like the 2.2 feature on the Fascinate where you can adjust screen brightness by simply long pressing on the notification bar and dragging left or right. And then there's the battery life. A 1400mAh battery and an LTE radio that has no toggle to turn it off is no bueno.

The unlimited data plan is what keeps tempting me as it probably won't be around too much longer. I'm not a heavy 3G data user but it'd definitely be a nice option to have. I was going to wait until all of the players were on the field since the two areas I frequent the most won't get LTE until later this year but the Bionic, Revolution nor the Stealth really look all that impressive and worth being on a tiered contract. If the Stealth was closer to the Galaxy S II then I'd be content with waiting. Maybe I'll just see if anything interesting pops up at CTIA and then go from there.
    03-18-2011 09:32 AM
    Would it be fair to say a switch to the TB is a good upgrade for someone who doesn't want to root, hack, voodoo, ROM or whatever their phone? I rooted just to remove bloat, but I don't want/need to do anything else. I think the phone is great as is, but the response to most posts here is to root and ROM your Fascinate if you want it to even be at a level of other phones.

HTC has the most phones on 2.2, and is the fastest to upgrade their phones. I'm not switching to the TB yet because I can't give up the super AMOLED, and I really like this phone a lot. But I can see a move to the TB being good for someone who wants 2.2 right now, and a better chance of getting an upgrade in future in a timely manner.
    Sorry to give you the canned answer, but the best phone for you is the one that fits your needs the best. So you will have to decide which is more important for you. The possibility of better OS updates, or the screen and display quality.
    03-18-2011 03:06 PM
    The best phone for me would include a beer dispenser built in somewhere
    Landshark likes this.
    03-18-2011 04:05 PM
    Gotta admit them 4g speeds are insane. No need wifi with unlimited 4g.
    I don't get 4g till 2020 prolly (live in boonies)
    03-18-2011 09:57 PM
    The best phone for me would include a beer dispenser built in somewhere
    LOL! NICE! Mine needs to give back rubs.
    03-18-2011 11:15 PM
    LOL! NICE! Mine needs to give back rubs.
    I think that's getting a little too personal with your phone there Sheepy. I mean there's loving your phone and then there's LOVING your phone
    03-18-2011 11:25 PM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD