I...love...this...phone

melissasroja

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Really thats all I have to say! Im having very few issues. One is the Weather Channel app keeps telling me we have weather warnings when we dont. Thats happened before though on other devices so no biggie. Another is sometimes when I wake the phone up my Launcher Pro is dead to the world. I can see the bottom dock thingy icons but no icons on any of my homepages and no widgets. A reboot fixes it and its not a major issue. Last night Meebo kept logging me out for no reason. Reboot seemed to fix it but I havent tried it today. Again no biggie. Thats it! No mega huge probs that make me wanna chuck the phone in the lake anymore! I could care less about if/when VZW decides to free the rest of the world from their grasp and hand over FROYO now! :D

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Glad we could help you out :-D

Warning: A rooted fascinate is an addiction. There is no treatment, and your support group includes me, gunnermike53, droidxcon, landshark, jaekarr99, and assorted other unsavory characters who are going to tell you to flash things when you start having withdrawls.

jampot

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I love this phone too, melissa!! :)

Warning: A rooted fascinate is an addiction. There is no treatment, and your support group includes me, gunnermike53, droidxcon, landshark, jaekarr99, and assorted other unsavory characters who are going to tell you to flash things when you start having withdrawls.

Haha, I'm counting on it :)

melissasroja

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site

I seriously couldnt do it without you guys! As for flashing more I think Im good for now. I havent really looked into making anymore changes. I love Launcher Pro, Dolphin browser is amazing and superclean 2.9 really its an awesome piece of work. I dont even know what else is out there that can be changed but Im sure eventually Ill get the itch to find out lol.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hello, my name is Landshark........and I'm an addict.
Yeah I thought I was good for now too. That lasted all of two days at the most. Then the itching and the shakes started. I had to try out and learn something new RIGHT THEN. I had gotten so accustomed to Adrynalyne cranking out something new every three day, I realized I had to have something new every three days. It got so bad I was trying to flash ROMs on my work phone, and it's not even an Android phone. Then when that wasn't working, I went completely off the deep end and switched to voodoo :eek:. I'm very thankful for my current, stable support group/pushers who help me with the comforting words, "Have you tried flashing this yet?"

Hope this makes everyone's day. There's coffee and doughnuts in the back of the room.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I love my phone too!

Melissa,

I am glad that you are loving your Fascinate! I love my Fascinate too!

Robin

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello, my name is Landshark........and I'm an addict.
Yeah I thought I was good for now too. That lasted all of two days at the most. Then the itching and the shakes started. I had to try out and learn something new RIGHT THEN. I had gotten so accustomed to Adrynalyne cranking out something new every three day, I realized I had to have something new every three days. It got so bad I was trying to flash ROMs on my work phone, and it's not even an Android phone. Then when that wasn't working, I went completely off the deep end and switched to voodoo :eek:. I'm very thankful for my current, stable support group/pushers who help me with the comforting words, "Have you tried flashing this yet?"

Hope this makes everyone's day. There's coffee and doughnuts in the back of the room.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! This cracked me up.

Hi, my name is Sam, and I'm also an addict.

Melissa make sure you flash the super clean 2.9.1 patch in adrynalyne's super clean thread to prevent some random reboot issues.

Reactions: Landshark

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
The first rule of Flash Club ...
If this is your first time to Flash Club - you have to root.

For a long time I was "happy" with my Fascinate and thought I didn't "need" to mess with it. Currently, I'm in LOVE with my SC2.9.1 Fascinate and I can't imagine why I'd ever need to mess with it ... and yet I check Adrynalyne's thread every day ... multiple times a day.

I know that once I get braver and more used to restoring apps/data after a flash I'll be going a bit nutty. Same thing with me and my laptops - I've spent years hacking different distros of Linux onto them - as soon as I get one setup and just the way I like it I've moved and I'm installing a new distro to try it out.

I have the Launcher Pro issue now and then and the way I've found to kick-start it into rendering again is to long-press where a widget should be which should activate the widget-resizer thingy which usually jump starts LP into working again. This or restarting LP (which I hope is what you meant by rebooting). A bit annoying, but nothing we can't handle, eh?

buckbren

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I love my Fascinate also, BUT I'd love it even more if I didn't feel like I needed to take college courses in order to access all of its potential. Now that I am rooted (not telling you how many failed roots I had), it's back to ACU (Android Central University) to study the next choices, read all the wonderful step by step directions and threads. For me, all this time and effort is hard to quantify, because I don’t need another degree, I just need Flash Player. Thanks Samsung and Verizon, guess it’s back to cliff notes, late night study sessions, stale food and flat beverages because of you! Anyone want to be my study buddy or mentor?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I love my Fascinate also, BUT I'd love it even more if I didn't feel like I needed to take college courses in order to access all of its potential. Now that I am rooted (not telling you how many failed roots I had), it's back to ACU (Android Central University) to study the next choices, read all the wonderful step by step directions and threads. For me, all this time and effort is hard to quantify, because I don?t need another degree, I just need Flash Player. Thanks Samsung and Verizon, guess it?s back to cliff notes, late night study sessions, stale food and flat beverages because of you! Anyone want to be my study buddy or mentor?

First off welcome to android central.... and this is nonsense, follow my directions and you should be up and running very quickly

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...tom-roms-w-root-clockwork-updated-3-10-a.html

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I love my Fascinate also, BUT I'd love it even more if I didn't feel like I needed to take college courses in order to access all of its potential. Now that I am rooted (not telling you how many failed roots I had), it's back to ACU (Android Central University) to study the next choices, read all the wonderful step by step directions and threads. For me, all this time and effort is hard to quantify, because I don?t need another degree, I just need Flash Player. Thanks Samsung and Verizon, guess it?s back to cliff notes, late night study sessions, stale food and flat beverages because of you! Anyone want to be my study buddy or mentor?

Can we eat ramen and drink warm beer?

buckbren

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Our dorm didn't allow hotplates but did allow irons (never could understand that). I cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner with an iron for four years, never used it on clothes once!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae