Wifes phone keeps locking up and working slow.

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok first i hope that is an ok title if not i know it will get changed lol sorry had to say that. Any ways this now makes my wifes 4th fascinate. They all seem to be doing the same thing so dont know what to do. She dose not use many apps at all and on this one its stock as you can get. She text and talk and goes online to a forum that is a moble one so it shouldnt be to hard on the phone. I even rooted the 3rd one and had sc 2.9 on it and it was the same other then it would lock up or force close all the time. She has to turn the phone off like 3 times a day to do anything on it. I really dont know what to do. Could it be the web page really killing her phone. She is really getting mad now because even rooting the phone and flashing new roms on it did not help. Could she maybe need a differnt phone to do web stuff on. Like is the droid x better at web i know its screen is ugly but could it be better on the web. I have done all i know to do. Remember it is stock so i know not much can be done with it that way but she did not like it force closeing all the time on the sc web browers. Any info would be great and make me happy becasue my wife will be happy (married guys know what im talking about).

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok first i hope that is an ok title if not i know it will get changed lol sorry had to say that. Any ways this now makes my wifes 4th fascinate. They all seem to be doing the same thing so dont know what to do. She dose not use many apps at all and on this one its stock as you can get. She text and talk and goes online to a forum that is a moble one so it shouldnt be to hard on the phone. I even rooted the 3rd one and had sc 2.9 on it and it was the same other then it would lock up or force close all the time. She has to turn the phone off like 3 times a day to do anything on it. I really dont know what to do. Could it be the web page really killing her phone. She is really getting mad now because even rooting the phone and flashing new roms on it did not help. Could she maybe need a differnt phone to do web stuff on. Like is the droid x better at web i know its screen is ugly but could it be better on the web. I have done all i know to do. Remember it is stock so i know not much can be done with it that way but she did not like it force closeing all the time on the sc web browers. Any info would be great and make me happy becasue my wife will be happy (married guys know what im talking about).

I'm guessing you've tried a different web browser? Dolphin HD is pretty good. I had one web site that always gave me trouble in mobile, but i switched the user agent to desktop and it worked fine.

User agent is in the settings for dolphin HD, and basically tells the web site you're on a desk top and to display the desktop page. Worth a shot I guess.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

stock fascinate always has that problem and superclean force close issues sounds like it didnt get a proper wipe coming from eclair. or perhaps titanium restore was used with system data... i would wait for tonight or tomorrow the next super clean is coming up

as for as browser power , fascinate should be more than capable.

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok will see what more I can do is dolphin hd the best or should I make her try a differnt one.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok will see what more I can do is dolphin hd the best or should I make her try a differnt one.

IMO, dolphin is the best. I use firefox on my pc, but firefox 4 for mobile is still in beta last I saw. Dolphin HD rocks.

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok would going to a web page make the whole phone laggy. Like make her typing in text messages go slow or make the home and back buttons not work. She has to hit them 3 or 4.

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The forum seems to be the only common element here. I would flash CWM on it, try wiping the cache and Dalvik Cache, then fix permissions and see if it peps the phone back up at all. Have her stay off that site for about a week and see if the phone still acts up.

MegaSoundwave76

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I agree with a lot of folks on this thread. Wipe the sucker clean and try again. Also, hitting the home capacitive button instead of using the back button to get out of apps could be causing slow down by not properly quitting the app you are using and it's still in use in RAM. Just some suggestions. My phone is super snappy and I only use the stock browser only for all my web surfing on the phone.