Phone Humming When On Call & Screen Is Lit

iLogikk

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Exact problem: my phone e hums when I'm on a call and I remove it from my ear. I can hear it and so can the other person. Using bloated version of EB01. Whats the matter?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Are you using voodoo or non-voodoo? I am using voodoo and am having this problem. I was thinking maybe this is called by voodoo...

This is a bug with Froyo on the Fascinate. As of right now there is no fix for it.

Mine has never done this, did i miss a thread on this subject?

I believe it was mentioned several times in Adrynalyne's superclean thread. It is an EB01 bug involving the proximity sensor when the screen is lit up. As soon as the phone gets close enough or far enough away the buzzing stops. The phone has to be within a certain range away from your ear for the buzzing to happen. It may be in Cory's list of DL30 and/or EB01 issues in his thread.

EDIT - it's on voodoo and nonvoodoo. A blanket EB01 issue.

Reactions: iLogikk

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
get off that stupid bloated rom and flash yourself some supergoodness. also the ec10 kernel is pretty awsome too. no buzzing here. sensor works fine too.

iLogikk

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
get off that stupid bloated rom and flash yourself some supergoodness. also the ec10 kernel is pretty awsome too. no buzzing here. sensor works fine too.
I have no idea what the ec10 kernel is as I stopped following the updates after eb01. So I am unfamiliar with all the updated stuff. What's the latest and greatest of everything after eb01?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well let me put it to you this way.....Adrynalyne switched his superclean numbering to 2.0 when EB01 came out and we are up to 2.9, so a ton of changes. Superclean is exactly it's namesake, fast, and stable. There is a 2.9.1 patch you can throw on top of it for some fixes, and we just got a custom EC10 kernel that really has this phone rocking at warp speed. So you could upgrade to superclean 2.9, flash the patch, and flash the kernel, or you could just wait a little while. Superclean 2.9.2 is in testing right now and will probably be released sometime between any moment now and a couple days from now at the latest. No matter which you choose, you can get an idea of some of what has been changed by reading the changelogs in the first posts of these threads:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...s-hacks/53810-rom-superclean-2-8-updated.html
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...om-superclean-2-9-1-ea15-eb01-eb16-based.html

iLogikk

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Well let me put it to you this way.....Adrynalyne switched his superclean numbering to 2.0 when EB01 came out and we are up to 2.9, so a ton of changes. Superclean is exactly it's namesake, fast, and stable. There is a 2.9.1 patch you can throw on top of it for some fixes, and we just got a custom EC10 kernel that really has this phone rocking at warp speed. So you could upgrade to superclean 2.9, flash the patch, and flash the kernel, or you could just wait a little while. Superclean 2.9.2 is in testing right now and will probably be released sometime between any moment now and a couple days from now at the latest. No matter which you choose, you can get an idea of some of what has been changed by reading the changelogs in the first posts of these threads:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...s-hacks/53810-rom-superclean-2-8-updated.html
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...om-superclean-2-9-1-ea15-eb01-eb16-based.html
I think I'll wait until SC 2.9.2 comes and flash it instead of 2.9. I will probably flash EC10 tonight to see how I like it. That way when SC 2.9.2 comes, I'll be able to choose between which one I'm going to use. I love the feeling of having a "new" toy! :)

I didn't realize they were past "EB" versions! Is it necessary that I flash EB16 before flashing either EC10 or SC 2.9.2?

Also, do I need to update my CWR? The version on my phone required me to download "bstats.zip" because it wasn't properly wiping battery stats. Is there a new version of CWR or is this the latest version? Sorry I can't check the version as I don't know where to look.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I think I'll wait until SC 2.9.2 comes and flash it instead of 2.9. I will probably flash EC10 tonight to see how I like it. That way when SC 2.9.2 comes, I'll be able to choose between which one I'm going to use. I love the feeling of having a "new" toy! :)

I didn't realize they were past "EB" versions! Is it necessary that I flash EB16 before flashing either EC10 or SC 2.9.2?

Also, do I need to update my CWR? The version on my phone required me to download "bstats.zip" because it wasn't properly wiping battery stats. Is there a new version of CWR or is this the latest version? Sorry I can't check the version as I don't know where to look.

All of the superclean ROMs are still EB01 based. The EC10 kernel is a hybrid one, so we're not actually past EB versions. No need to flash EB16, it is also a hybrid. You can flash the EC10 kernel in cwm with no fears right now. If your cwm is red with no bitmap error messages in white lettering toward the bottom of the screen, you are good to go. It will say version 2.5.1.x at the top. If you have the red with the white bitmap error messages, just flash this cwm-all http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-clockworkmod-recovery-w-screen-captures.html in ODIN and you will be good to go.

sparesr4sissies

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Are you the only person on here running froyo and doesn't have the buzzing? Or are there others??? I thought this was a problem for everyone. The buzzing doesn't bother me so much but it does bother the girlfriend... and when she's not happy I'm not happy. RAWRRRR!!

jampot

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm only a few days in, but I don't have any buzzing...

Probably a stupid question, but why would someone... what is the term? Flash?... a bloated rom and not the superclean one?
I don't understand.

Did I use those words correctly? flash, rom, and superclean?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm only a few days in, but I don't have any buzzing...

Probably a stupid question, but why would someone... what is the term? Flash?... a bloated rom and not the superclean one?
I don't understand.

Did I use those words correctly? flash, rom, and superclean?

Yes you used them correctly. Some people like the stock vzw bloatware

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Are you the only person on here running froyo and doesn't have the buzzing? Or are there others??? I thought this was a problem for everyone. The buzzing doesn't bother me so much but it does bother the girlfriend... and when she's not happy I'm not happy. RAWRRRR!!

i have heard very little of this buzzing. it would annoy the crap out of me. i dont thinks a common problem.

have you flashed superclean yet are you still on that stock thing?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes you used them correctly. Some people like the stock vzw bloatware

yeah, i loved it when i was fat. it was awsome when i was tieing my shoes, i couldnt breath and it felt like my eye balls were gonna pop out of my head. and i was the only person i knew that had a colesteral of 522!!

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
The buzzing (at least on my phone) comes from the softkeys being lit up. You will notice that on most kernels, the softkeys go out whenever you are on a call, face near to the screen, screen on, or not. If your kernel doesnt do this (some of the kernels that played with "softkey notification" or BLN messed this up) it will probably buzz. If you have it close enough to your head that the prox sensor shuts the whole screen off it will go away.

Short version: Try a different kernel.

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm running Superclean 2.9.1 and I have had this buzzing ever since I moved to Froyo. It doesn't do it unless you move the phone away from head while talking and it's not like its really loud. It's actually hard to hear sometimes but its definitely there.

sparesr4sissies

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
i have heard very little of this buzzing. it would annoy the crap out of me. i dont thinks a common problem.

have you flashed superclean yet are you still on that stock thing?

I've only been on superclean. Since I fist started having this problem, I was told it was a universal issue. Now I'm seeing that there are at least a few of you that aren't having this problem. I was starting to think it was a voodoo issue or just an issue on some builds of the phone. Maybe this is the issue that's keeping Verizon from releasing Froyo...

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I've only been on superclean. Since I fist started having this problem, I was told it was a universal issue. Now I'm seeing that there are at least a few of you that aren't having this problem. I was starting to think it was a voodoo issue or just an issue on some builds of the phone. Maybe this is the issue that's keeping Verizon from releasing Froyo...

Probably one of the many issues holding up the release. I get the buzzing sound, but only when the phone is anywhere from about 2-4 inches away from my ear. Any closer or farther away and the buzzing stops.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87