For those needing to vent about Fascinate issues!!

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
oh yeah, when was that?

and yes we are here to help. nobody is spouting off or anything. just wanted to make you aware. and im always up for a good sarcastic remark.

That would have been in my rooting question thread..(to root or not to root)
when I thought Froyo was immenement from Verizon. Jog any of those memory cells?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
That would have been in my rooting question thread..(to root or not to root)
when I thought Froyo was immenement from Verizon. Jog any of those memory cells?

Froyo is imminent from Verizon. They've been giving the same answer since November.......soon. That's sort of like imminent isn't it???

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I am just so frustrated with this phone. I really really want to love it, but I can't. GPS sucks. No 2.2. Music player pops up randomly. I can go on and on.

I rooted and installed a new ROM, but that only satisfied me for a day. I am back to hating it.

So I bought a Droid Incredible on eBay, and I am going to sell this one. This phone had so much potential. I will never buy a Samsung phone again. It just makes me sad.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I am just so frustrated with this phone. I really really want to love it, but I can't. GPS sucks. No 2.2. Music player pops up randomly. I can go on and on.

I rooted and installed a new ROM, but that only satisfied me for a day. I am back to hating it.

So I bought a Droid Incredible on eBay, and I am going to sell this one. This phone had so much potential. I will never buy a Samsung phone again. It just makes me sad.

please pm me

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

Dude I could replace samsung. With RIM ...

Sent from my SC2.9.1 via Tapatalk

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey i dont really know were to post this so i guess this is as good as any but hey guys and girls would anyone want to start/join a facebook group if one was made? Not to take away from the forums by no meens this place keeps my phone great and i love it here but just to kind of beable to say or talk about anything we want? If not its cool i was just thinking it would be cool to have all of yall friends on my facebook.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
In case everyone was not paying attention:
The official Froyo release for the US Cellular Mesmerize was just announced and is available. The Mesmerize is basically the twin of the Fascinate as they both share the same model number SCH-I500. And what do you think the build number is? You guessed it EC10- the kernel we are enjoying so much. Just to refresh everyone's memory, the Mesmerize was released after the Fascinate, yet they are getting their official Froyo release before us. I would think that would remove any doubt as to the fact that the real culprit in the Fascinate Froyo release is Verizon and all the crap they want forced into the build.

puterfx

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
deja vu like the Samsung Omnia

I started my smart phone trek with the Samsung i730 then i760 then Omnia. That was about the time that WinMo 6 had come out as well as the Omnia 2. We were all hoping (and there was talk) that the Omnia would get the upgrad but it never happened. Personally, I never had any problems with the Sammy's in the past but was torn between the Fascinate and DroidX. DX had better features but VZW reps said 2.2 was coming and samsung said the same so when I decided to get a phone, the deciding factor was that I'd have to lay out $300 for the DX and wait for a VZW rebate (yeah, right) or get the Fascinate for $0 out of pocket. Aside from the known rf issues with the Fascinate that are supposed to be corrected with the update, I still don't regret the decision. It just aggrevates the hell out of me that neither company can be trusted and that we're treated like some red-headed step children. The rest of the world has the 2.2 ... and Samsung Kies ... and access to Samsung Apps ... what's up with that??

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Was source officially released? It usually gets released 1-2 weeks after the update is released...

Edit: After a little reading it does appear that the source code was released! Good times are on the way :D

Last edited:

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Wtf just read over on droid life that the elfing droid x is maybe getting gingerbread Sunday. What the hello Samsung and verizon?????

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk