Random phone reboot?

jampot

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay, beloved gurus...

So my phone has been randomly rebooting...
Three times yesterday and once this morning.

Any idea why? I did a search and couldn't find any info, other than some other devices where people posted this happening, but there was no solution.

The one general idea is that it is possibly related to the battery.

I rooted and flashed SC 2.9 (not sure I'm saying that correctly... still learning) on Friday night. I never had this issue before.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Okay, beloved gurus...

So my phone has been randomly rebooting...
Three times yesterday and once this morning.

Any idea why? I did a search and couldn't find any info, other than some other devices where people posted this happening, but there was no solution.

The one general idea is that it is possibly related to the battery.

I rooted and flashed SC 2.9 (not sure I'm saying that correctly... still learning) on Friday night. I never had this issue before.

That's a problem with the music player controls attached to the AOSP and rotary unlock screens in 2.9. Just flash the 2.9.1 patch found in Adrynalyne's thread and all will be fine
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...om-superclean-2-9-1-ea15-eb01-eb16-based.html

Reactions: jampot

jampot

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Sweet! Thanks, friend.
I'm off to flash...

Do you guys ever hum the old school Flash Gordon theme song while doing this stuff? *Flash... ahh.. ahh...*

haha

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

maybe you shouldnt flap your yappity yap until you learn the proper....things...to...say. yeah. :p

lol. jk. some times i say things wrong just cause im bored. it kinda fun. :D

jampot

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
maybe you shouldnt flap your yappity yap until you learn the proper....things...to...say. yeah. :p

lol. jk. some times i say things wrong just cause im bored. it kinda fun. :D

haAAaaah! Let it be known that we taught our kids how to swim by throwing them in the deep end.

And if I may say so, they are the best swimmers I know ;)

Besides, my yappity yap only gets me into trouble 49.7% of the time!

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
haAAaaah! Let it be known that we taught our kids how to swim by throwing them in the deep end.

lol. im up to 78.631%.

is there another to teach someone to swim?

jampot

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I still have newbie nervousness.

I need to flash the 2.9.1 patch found in Adrynalyne's thread
[ROM]Superclean 2.9.1 EA15/EB01/EB16 Based .

Do I need to go through the whole process I went through in flashing the original rom?

Do I download the zip to my computer, then add it to the sd card?
Do I use odin? I kind of need a step-by-step guide, then I should be fine for my next patch ha!

Sorry, this will be my first patch. :)

Rigor Mortis

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Landshark, thanks to all for the info. I was going to ask the same question about ramdom rebbots.

All we need to do is place the patch in our sd card, reboot into recovery and install the zip patch, right?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I still have newbie nervousness.

I need to flash the 2.9.1 patch found in Adrynalyne's thread
[ROM]Superclean 2.9.1 EA15/EB01/EB16 Based .

Do I need to go through the whole process I went through in flashing the original rom?

Do I download the zip to my computer, then add it to the sd card?
Do I use odin? I kind of need a step-by-step guide, then I should be fine for my next patch ha!

Sorry, this will be my first patch. :)

Step by step instructions in DroidXcon's great thread. Just click the link in my signature. All you do is download the zip file to your sd card, boot to recovery and follow DroidXcon's guide. He even has screenshots as a visual aid guide to help you. And I don't hum the Flash Gordon theme song. I usually have the Empire Death March playing in the background. :D

Reactions: jampot

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
What if im getting random reboots and im already on 2.9.1 ?
happens about once a day.

Boot to recovery, wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik cache, reflash the 2.9 ROM in cwm, reboot, boot back into recovery, flash 2.9.1 patch, reboot. Sounds like a bad flash. Happens all the time.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I havent had any random reboots. Is it something that happens only when you use certain apps? Or have I just been lucky so far?

Hey melissa, first time we've seen the random reboots was with 2.9. Adrynalyne traced it to the music controls that were added to the AOSP and rotary unlock screens which are part of the 5 lock screen package. My guess would be when 2.9.2 comes out he will either have fixed the problem or removed the music controls.

Reactions: melissasroja

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

lol. im up to 78.631%.

is there another to teach someone to swim?

Hearing percantages thrown around just reminded me:

Sex Panther cologne....
They've done studies you know.....
60% of the time it works every time.

melissasroja

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey melissa, first time we've seen the random reboots was with 2.9. Adrynalyne traced it to the music controls that were added to the AOSP and rotary unlock screens which are part of the 5 lock screen package. My guess would be when 2.9.2 comes out he will either have fixed the problem or removed the music controls.

Ok thanks. Ill get it fixed up!

BTW I didnt have to get thrown in the deep end to learn to swim. My mom went into labor with me 6 weeks early while swimming in our rather huge lake. Didnt have much choice other than learn fast lol. 36 years later I pretty much hate swimming lol.

jampot

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Step by step instructions in DroidXcon's great thread. Just click the link in my signature. All you do is download the zip file to your sd card, boot to recovery and follow DroidXcon's guide. He even has screenshots as a visual aid guide to help you.
So when I boot into recovery, the only option to apply is update.zip
the 2.9.1 zip isn't showing up... there's not an option to select it.

I checked, it's definitely on my sd card.

what now?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21