Issues with Dolphin Browser HD?

Chewy1576

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues with Dolphin Browser HD?

Ever time I open the browser, all the settings are reset to default and the Setup Wizard keeps coming up.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues with Dolphin Browser HD?

Ever time I open the browser, all the settings are reset to default and the Setup Wizard keeps coming up.

I would go into manage applications and wipe the cache first. If that doesn't help then I would uninstall, wipe dalvik, and cache partition, then reinstall.

Sounds kind of like the problems people have been having with Launcher Pro. Keep us posted and we'll get you patched up.

Reactions: Chewy1576

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I would go into manage applications and wipe the cache first. If that doesn't help then I would uninstall, wipe dalvik, and cache partition, then reinstall.

Sounds kind of like the problems people have been having with Launcher Pro. Keep us posted and we'll get you patched up.

sounds like the same database issue. check dbdata/databases folder for anything on dolphin browser and delete it. dont worry you wont break andything.....probably.

Reactions: Chewy1576

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
This is a dolphin hd question so instead of new thread here's my question, everytime I close dolphin hd witg the back button it asks permissiin to quit. How do I get rid of that. Thanks guys

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
This is a dolphin hd question so instead of new thread here's my question, everytime I close dolphin hd witg the back button it asks permissiin to quit. How do I get rid of that. Thanks guys

I just tried going menu=>more=>settings, scroll down to exit settings, unchecked confirm when exit, but that didin't work. I tried all different combinations in that menu, and it always popped up when exiting with the back button. Seems the only way to exit without getting the pop up is to hit the home soft key. I do that anyway because if I've checked several sites, hitting the back button goes back through all my browsing until I get to the Dolphin home page before I can exit with the back button.

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I just tried going menu=>more=>settings, scroll down to exit settings, unchecked confirm when exit, but that didin't work. I tried all different combinations in that menu, and it always popped up when exiting with the back button. Seems the only way to exit without getting the pop up is to hit the home soft key. I do that anyway because if I've checked several sites, hitting the back button goes back through all my browsing until I get to the Dolphin home page before I can exit with the back button.

I mean there has to be a way. u can also option soft button and hit exit to exit but i like the back button. So no way around it lame.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

You should menu> exit otherwise it leaves your browser open.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well.. Since this is about dolphin browser hd, is there a way to make it so my phone doesn't drain so fast when I'm using it?

lol nope battery just sucks for this phone lol. just make sure to exit it out. And buy a extra charger for work

I would just add that it sucks for now because we are running a leaked, rejected, buggy build that Adrynalyne has done an amazing job repairing and cleaning up. Battery life will improve soon now that the devs have the source code from the Mesmerize and can use it to give us custom and undervolted kernels. May take a week or two though.

jampot

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I would just add that it sucks for now because we are running a leaked, rejected, buggy build that Adrynalyne has done an amazing job repairing and cleaning up. Battery life will improve soon now that the devs have the source code from the Mesmerize and can use it to give us custom and undervolted kernels. May take a week or two though.
This thought just never ceases to make my heart all warm and fuzzy :D

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
This thought just never ceases to make my heart all warm and fuzzy :D

You've never gotten to experience the custom kernel love either! They're awesome. I fell in love when they pulled the verizon drivers that were giving my computer a blue screen of death every time I plugged my phone it. Spent 4 hours tearing down and rebuilding my computer and it just kept happening. They pulled those drivers from the kernel and all of a sudden I was better. I almost dropped a grand on new computer hardware thinking all of my ram and my MoBo were bad LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL