Video camera question

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Quick question, is the videocam continuous (goes until you are out of room) or is it 30 seconds (or whatever number) at a shot?

Thanks in advance

domenci

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
goes at least 14 minutes, and judging by the space remaining counter I'd say it'll go til the battery runs out or you run out of space.

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
im gonna stick this hear since it has to do with camera. Does anyone know how to get the power button as the shutter? meaning we dont have to push the camera button on the screen we just hit the power button thanks

briguyy

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I have Super Clean 2.9.2 and when i push the power button while in camera it puts the symbol of a "lock" on my screen and i cant do anything unril i re-press the power button again then the "lock" goes away and its fuctional again.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Well it runs for at least 23 minutes and I am guessing that it will go forever...thanks for the replies.

As far as the power button as a shutter thing goes, it does work that way in sc 2.9.1, I just used it most of the night. Also, I am pretty sure it is a feature built into froyo.

You might want to head over to the rom thread. I didnt read it all, but I think there was an issue with the camera in 2.92 and the APK for just the camera was posted over there

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
again im new to this so flashing a theme I dont know yet. I dont get the difference or how to of wiping the different caches. Cant find that anywhere. Just would know where and how to get the .apk file onto the phone and get that to work.

Last edited:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I cant find that theme do u have a link to pictures of it? again im new to this so flashing a theme I dont know yet. I dont get the difference or how to of wiping the different caches. Cant find that anywhere

As far a themes go, this seems to be the go to thread on applying them and also a list of them: http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...t-animations-combined-resource-3-26-11-a.html

If you test out different themes in one sitting, you need to wipe the dalvik cache and the cache partition before applying a new theme. Well let me rephrase, I know you have to do the dcache, but I am not sure about the other. It cannot hurt though so might as well be more safe than sorry.

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
yah ive read and read lol. What happens when wiping those caches? does it delete anything? how do i install the .apk?? Is there another place to get it or do i need to sign up to XDA???

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I will be honest, I am not exactly sure what they are for. I think the dcache is the application cache and the other is kinda like the "swap file" on a windows system. It just kinda gets all the junk outta there so that your new install will not trip all over them.

It will not lose any of the information you have setup in other applications (signins) or the sd card from what i know. Might wanna double check that though, but I can say i havent found anything lost yet.

Most of them are on xda and it cannot hurt to sign up over there. I prefer this forum to that, but it is a fantastic resource.

I didnt do the APK version of the camera mod, I did the one where you flash it through CWM. There are instructions though on doing it as an apk

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
yah ive read and read lol. What happens when wiping those caches? does it delete anything? how do i install the .apk?? Is there another place to get it or do i need to sign up to XDA???

Wiping cache and dalvik cache does not delete anything. It just sort of cleans things up and puts them back in order as a simplified explanation. To which apk are you referring? Jaekar99 has downloadable links in his themes and boot animations thread to pretty much everything that is over at xda, so for the most part you shouldn't have to sign up at xda. But if you have to, it is just like signing up here. To wipe cache and dalvik cache, just follow the instructions here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-clockworkmod-recovery-w-screen-captures.html
I would also suggest downloading Android Terminal Emulator from the market and following the instructions in post #7 of that same thread to fix permissions.

Reactions: bigjobber69

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Wiping cache and dalvik cache does not delete anything. It just sort of cleans things up and puts them back in order as a simplified explanation. To which apk are you referring? Jaekar99 has downloadable links in his themes and boot animations thread to pretty much everything that is over at xda, so for the most part you shouldn't have to sign up at xda. But if you have to, it is just like signing up here. To wipe cache and dalvik cache, just follow the instructions here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-clockworkmod-recovery-w-screen-captures.html
I would also suggest downloading Android Terminal Emulator from the market and following the instructions in post #7 of that same thread to fix permissions.

Is it better to fix permissions that way or through CWM?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Is it better to fix permissions that way or through CWM?

Fixing permissions through cwm does not work right now. That and wiping battery stats no workie in cwm. That's why we have the two scripts from Adrynalyne to take care of these. You will notice the difference when you do both. Boot to cwm, fix permissions, and you come back to the menu in 1 or 2 seconds. Fix permissions through the terminal emulator method and you will see a huge list of scrolling text as each permission is fixed. Wipe batt stats in cwm, same result. Wipe batt stats in TE, and phone reboots after it wipes the stats.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995