3rd Party Batteries

ronjonusmc1999

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
So I bought a 3rd party extended battery for my Fascinate and it is not supported by Samsung. Found out that the only approved accessories for any Samsung device are listed on their website. If you try to use a 3rd party battery in your phone, the device will not charge it. A message pops up saying "non supported battery - battery will not charge" and the battery indicator just flashes red and empty. The battery will have to be charged by pulling it out and charging in a stand alone battery charger. I talked with a support person at Samsung via chat because their call center is closed on weekends, but they will chat with you 24/7. I swear that customer support person must have only typed maybe 5 words per minute. Most of the words were 3 to 5 letters long except the long words that are 9 and 8 letters long, you can see what they typed in the next sentence. Using any third party accessory will void the warranty.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
So I bought a 3rd party extended battery for my Fascinate and it is not supported by Samsung. Found out that the only approved accessories for any Samsung device are listed on their website. If you try to use a 3rd party battery in your phone, the device will not charge it. A message pops up saying "non supported battery - battery will not charge" and the battery indicator just flashes red and empty. The battery will have to be charged by pulling it out and charging in a stand alone battery charger. I talked with a support person at Samsung via chat because their call center is closed on weekends, but they will chat with you 24/7. I swear that customer support person must have only typed maybe 5 words per minute. Most of the words were 3 to 5 letters long except the long words that are 9 and 8 letters long, you can see what they typed in the next sentence. Using any third party accessory will void the warranty.

only if you tell them. so dont. i use a third party battery sometimes. it was cheap and will get me by iin a pinch. i ended up getting the sapre battery and charger from vzw. its pretty nifty.

briguyy

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. Im going to be getting the Samsung 2200mAh Extended Battery sold by Verizon. And im pretty sure the Fascinate will take it without problems. You can see it here:
Battery

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. Im going to be getting the Samsung 2200mAh Extended Battery sold by Verizon. And im pretty sure the Fascinate will take it without problems. You can see it here:
Battery

it may run the phone but it wont fit. its to thick for the current battery door and to thin for the bigger battery door.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
wait no, your right!!!! i would like to know how big it is before i buy it. but you are right it will work.

Yeah would like to see a sideways pic. Definitely wouldn't want anything like the Siedio 3000mAh monster that adds that huge badonk-a-donk on the back of the phone. May have to stop by the vzw store tomorrow to see if they have any in stock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza