Fascinate Hidden Antenna Ports

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
No problemo. This is very delicate territory. I wouldn't mod my digital scanner to pick up cell phones for the exact same reason.

Keep in mind, some people will try these things just for the sake of doing it.

The jist of my message was intended for the mods

Sent from my SC2.9.1 via Tapatalk

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the fun and comradery. I've been here since before launch, and I've seen a lot of the regulars here grow from nanite to professor! I want this to be the forum for Fascinate users, and it will take everyone to get there.

Look at it from an outsider's perspective: they come to a specific thread looking for specific information, and have to go through several posts that don't pertain to the OP to find what they are looking for. That will cause someone to go elsewhere.

If I was as heavy-handed as some others on some forums, those posts would have been deleted. Again, I don't want this to discourage the fun aspect, just want threads to stay more on topic

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
These guys (including me) are probably doing you a favor by taking this thread to Ludicrous speed. Now we have someone modding hardware on a 500 dollar phone with no clue of impacts to the hardware of the legal ramifications. Not only is the antenna mod changing the characteristics of the receiver, but also the transmitter. I'm sure this is a voilation of 10CFR47. And here is the thread how to do it on AC.

If I started talking about good Android warez sites, I'll bet my thread would be closed.

With all due respect, you're not doing me, or anyone else who's actually interested in further investigating this subject a favor. I happen to live in an area with extremely poor network coverage, so I'm very interested in any possible way to boost my signal strength.

And since at least one of these ports are, in all likelihood, actual external antennae ports, quite common on cell phones, no one would be violating anything by plugging a make-shift antennae into one. This is certainly not, in any way, analogous to software piracy, and in fact, it may very well be less of a violation than the simple act of rooting, which we've almost all done and freely discuss.

Hey let the guys have a little fun, it brings us all closer together as a group.

Fun is fine, but when the signal to noise ratio gets pushed north of 50%, it starts to be disrespectful to the OP and anyone interested in the subject. And then asking for a thread to be closed is, if you ask me, somewhat rude.

Last edited:

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I tried reflashing the modem last night using the same EB01 modem. I'm using EB01 stock debloated. I'll try using another modem tonight and see if that makes a difference. Does superclean use the EB01 modem?

I believe all the 2.2 based roms are using the EB01 modem and, if I'm not mistaken, they can use DL09 as well. But if not, there's no harm in flashing DL09 and then back to EB01 to see if switching versions might reset the antennae setting somehow.

I'd love to hear flashing a new modem fixes your internal antennae. As I've mentioned, I get pretty bad signal strength at home, but perhaps not so bad that I'm all too eager to loose the internal antennae all together! :p

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
This is quite possibly the most civil argument I've ever seen in my life.. Thats awesome, maybe our politicians could take a hint? Anyways, this thread has all of my attention, I really want to see what this looks like. Oh, and rather than post further in the thread, maybe it would be a bit wiser to edit your original post? We dont see alot of that for some reason, it really should be more standard but for some reason its not.

**EDIT** By this, I mean, the original poster puts up pics and stuff in their original post, after that its not as needed, you know?

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the fun and comradery. I've been here since before launch, and I've seen a lot of the regulars here grow from nanite to professor! I want this to be the forum for Fascinate users, and it will take everyone to get there.

Look at it from an outsider's perspective: they come to a specific thread looking for specific information, and have to go through several posts that don't pertain to the OP to find what they are looking for. That will cause someone to go elsewhere.

If I was as heavy-handed as some others on some forums, those posts would have been deleted. Again, I don't want this to discourage the fun aspect, just want threads to stay more on topic
Kevin

I am outsider..or noob if you will.
I have to wade through the threads like all the other new guys.

I got the hard arse treatment on HF and promptly left. You got a good bunch here. It's a lot of fun. I think we both want the same thing. The best fascinate forum on the net.

Ok. Enough of this..we're sucking all the fun out of thread!

All4TheFam

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Please let us know about reseting the antenna and if this is actually useful. We also live in low signal area, and have no issues popping open our phones to tinker.

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Chris

Modding for reception is one thing, but if that mod impacts the transmission, that is something entirely different. That was my point. Not trying to be rude. If you took it that way, my apologies.

Mike

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Mr smith...so you just stuck wire in r1...wonder what r2 and g is for...this stuff intrigues me. Would like to see how you strung the wire under the batt cover.

IMG_0669_1_1.jpg

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Wow, So I'm not the only one that jacked up their phone playing around. Well at least I found a workaround.

On topic I reflashed DL09 and no change, back to EB01 and no change. I still need the "antenna" to get anything that looks like reception.

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Wow, So I'm not the only one that jacked up their phone playing around. Well at least I found a workaround.

On topic I reflashed DL09 and no change, back to EB01 and no change. I still need the "antenna" to get anything that looks like reception.

It looks like the fix to me is reload to stock, go to VZW and tell them you can't get any reception.

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
It looks like the fix to me is reload to stock, go to VZW and tell them you can't get any reception.

Yeah that definitely seems like the beat all end all. I may play with a bit more but in the end that's what I'll do. Maybe I'll stick it out until the Stealth is out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol