Factory Reset

MistaDee

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So recently my phone has been acting really screwy, I may have downloaded a bad app from 4share (don't plan on that doing that again finally got a checkout account). Apps take like 5 seconds longer than they used to to launch. Launcher pro crashes at least twice a day. Sometimes the screen stops recognizing touches so I am hoping a factory reset will do the trick. My question is will resetting the phone require a trip to Verizon? Also what are good ways to back up my apps, songs and contacts? Thanks in advance

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So recently my phone has been acting really screwy, I may have downloaded a bad app from 4share (don't plan on that doing that again finally got a checkout account). Apps take like 5 seconds longer than they used to to launch. Launcher pro crashes at least twice a day. Sometimes the screen stops recognizing touches so I am hoping a factory reset will do the trick. My question is will resetting the phone require a trip to Verizon? Also what are good ways to back up my apps, songs and contacts? Thanks in advance

You don't need to go to Verizon. Are you still stock? Unrooted? If not what ROM and kernel are you running?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

No it wont require a trip,
settings>privacy>factory restore

if you want to back up without rooting check this post
http://forum.androidcentral.com/700174-post10.html

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Download MyBackup it will allow you to backup everything.

Have you considered rooting your phone and flashing Froyo? DroidXcon has put together some really awesome and easy packages

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Just to give the OP a little more info... A factory reset only effects the data on your phone. It will not change anything with your service programming with VZ. Even if anything ever did, a simple call to *228 would fix it up. The only time you should ever need to go into a VZ store is if your phone is physically broken and need a replacement.

Downwind

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a stock phone that I reset a few months ago. I had picked up a weird app that wouldn't let me toggle wi-fi anymore. So I did the factory reset. I didn't use a third party backup other than the My BackUp for my contacts from Verizon and AppBrain put all my Apps back, save for the one that broke my wi-fi.

jnewell

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I'd add to that, if you care, is to d/l and install an SMS backup utility before you reset, if you want to keep your existing text messages.

rogerg

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Its easy a pie thanks to everyone here with there great Step by step instructions! They are all great!

Just to 2nd this, there are great instructions and support on this forum. I have built enough confidence in a short time to root to 2.9.2. It is amazing and clean.

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a stock phone that I reset a few months ago. I had picked up a weird app that wouldn't let me toggle wi-fi anymore. So I did the factory reset. I didn't use a third party backup other than the My BackUp for my contacts from Verizon and AppBrain put all my Apps back, save for the one that broke my wi-fi.

And did that work alright