My THIRD Fascinate!

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
So last night, the vibrator in my phone stopped working.
I couldn't get any vibration whatsoever to work. I don't know what happened.
I even factory reset it and it still didn't work.

So, my phone is totally stock right now...
I called Verizon and told them what happened, and the rep told me that they would send me a re-furbished one for free. I still have to send the "defective" device in to them or I would have to pay $299.
If I send it in, with all of the crazy stuff I did to it (rooting,flashing,bricking,etc..) would Verizon make me pay for anything? Would I get in trouble for any of it?
I still have my year Warranty, btw.

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I totally would if I could, but I have a Mac, and I don't know of any way to flash it back to stock. I might have to find someone with a PC and install Odin on theirs. Flashing it back to stock may even make the Vibrator work....
Too late, they're already sending it.

did you try flashing a different kernel. The vibration is controlled by the kernel. sometimes having a wrong kernel installed can cause this

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
did you try flashing a different kernel. The vibration is controlled by the kernel. sometimes having a wrong kernel installed can cause this

I think that may have happened.
How could I flash the stock kernel with a mac? Do you know of any way I can do that?

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I DID flash that kernel. :|
I lied. I'm a bad person. Oops.
I tried flashing the kernel to switch to froyo. along with CWM.
Kernel flashed fine, cwm wouldn't recognize the phone, though. Phone wouldn't vibrate anymore. Tried flashing cwm like, 50 times. So I panicked and called Verizon saying that the Vibrator stopped working suddenly.

I figured that they would just flash it back to stock, throw it in a refurb bin, and not worry about anything I've done to it.

God, I'm such a bad person... Am I a bad person? Yes.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I DID flash that kernel. :|
I lied. I'm a bad person. Oops.
I tried flashing the kernel to switch to froyo. along with CWM.
Kernel flashed fine, cwm wouldn't recognize the phone, though. Phone wouldn't vibrate anymore. Tried flashing cwm like, 50 times. So I panicked and called Verizon saying that the Vibrator stopped working suddenly.

I figured that they would just flash it back to stock, throw it in a refurb bin, and not worry about anything I've done to it.

God, I'm such a bad person... Am I a bad person? Yes.

they may just do that , its not worth it for them to dispute it all after going through the trouble of sending you the refurb.

Im confused what you mean CWM wouldnt recognize your device. anyhow im going to take a nap before i have to go to work ttyl

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
they may just do that , its not worth it for them to dispute it all after going through the trouble of sending you the refurb.

Im confused what you mean CWM wouldnt recognize your device. anyhow im going to take a nap before i have to go to work ttyl

Like, when I run the CWM program with the terminal, it's like
error:device not found
And it stops. It's supposed to flash CWM into the phone. So Idk.
But yeah, enjoy your nap, man. Thanks for your advice.:)

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I got my replacement fascinate in today. Its gonna be sad to see #2 leave. I've been through so much with that phone.
Now to brick this one a few times. ;P

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk