My fascinate is now lagging when I receive an email notification. It's not a custom ringtone, or anything corrupt, it's stock. so, when i get an email or any audible notification, the sound skips, stutters, and is generally drawn out 2 to 3 times as long as it should have been.

My 7 year old daughter heard it the other night, and said, "daddy you need a new phone". not when i am locked in until april 2012 on big red...with no froyo in sight.

anyway, anyone else having or experiencing this issue? potential fixes?

Grateful,
    Jesse
    04-08-2011 09:45 AM
    My fascinate is now lagging when I receive an email notification. It's not a custom ringtone, or anything corrupt, it's stock. so, when i get an email or any audible notification, the sound skips, stutters, and is generally drawn out 2 to 3 times as long as it should have been.

My 7 year old daughter heard it the other night, and said, "daddy you need a new phone". not when i am locked in until april 2012 on big red...with no froyo in sight.

anyway, anyone else having or experiencing this issue? potential fixes?

Grateful,
    Jesse
    Are you running a third party launcher? If you are, try deleting the icons on Touch Wiz. If you have facebook or news running, that could slow you down. If you are running Touch Wiz, try deleting the extra feeds that you do not use.

Try to change some other settings. Like syncing contacts and calender. Maybe that manually as apposed to it updating auto when you receive an email.

Maybe reboot, that could help also.

All else fails, try to root your phone (it is easy) and turn off the programs that slow you down. If you are not sure, try reading up on options before you root.
    04-08-2011 11:00 AM