Fascinate Getting Froyo 2.2 Accoring to VerizonWireless Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

thornbeck

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Here it comes:

#Froyo update for #Samsung Fascinate begins tomorrow! Get all the froyo info here! Software Update: Samsung Fascinate #verizonwireless #android

Twitter

Enjoy!

- Tim

willenium_1217

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
What to do?

So now, what do we do? I have EB01 on my phone. Should I flash back or should I wait until all the bad @$$ developers have had some time with ED01 and removed all the crap and get us a beautiful rom!

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
That's really up to you. If you're happy with your setup now, stick it out and wait. Otherwise you'll have a complete stock system, bloatware and all

jjcasillas15

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
So now, what do we do? I have EB01 on my phone. Should I flash back or should I wait until all the bad @$$ developers have had some time with ED01 and removed all the crap and get us a beautiful rom!

Im gonna wait... I bet the update is gonna be filled with Verizon bloatware. I can only imagine what goodies we are going to be treated to from these developers.

willenium_1217

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Im gonna wait... I bet the update is gonna be filled with Verizon bloatware. I can only imagine what goodies we are going to be treated to from these developers.

I guess I can deal with my setup now until a new one comes out. I am going on a business trip next week so I would like to be rocking some new stuff and show off to some colleagues who also have Fascinates but don't mess with it like I do.

TSX05

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
from the PDF that Kevin posted, I don't really see any ground breaking benefits of froyo, heres to hoping it speeds up the fascainate as far as clicking an icon and waiting 30seconds for something to happen.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
from the PDF that Kevin posted, I don't really see any ground breaking benefits of froyo, heres to hoping it speeds up the fascainate as far as clicking an icon and waiting 30seconds for something to happen.

If you're running a stock 2.1 ROM, then yes, you will notice a significant increase in speed and smoothness... But if you are already rocking one of the leaked 2.2 builds, then this won't be a big deal

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

I have never had to wait my phone goes fast even when I was stock it was fast u must have a sick phone.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Wont this be the same bulid the Developers already have? ED01???? They already are working on it im sure...Im waiting on "community Rom" should be great and stable

TSX05

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
If you're running a stock 2.1 ROM, then yes, you will notice a significant increase in speed and smoothness... But if you are already rocking one of the leaked 2.2 builds, then this won't be a big deal

ok, cool, yeah i'm stock, just havent had the guts to try to root, the more i read the root threads the more confused i get and i just can't be without my phone. I look forward to some new speed.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Newbie question: I am not rooted, use Launcher Pro, Beautiful Widgets, etc. Will the update wipe out all the stuff I've done with these apps/launchers, etc? No big deal if it does, it will give me a reason to play with my set up for the tenth time in a month!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I thought I had read somwhere that because of som of the changes " under the hood" , you might have to redo some of that stuff...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: lpt2569

SeanKD

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Android 2.2 For Fascinate Has Arrived

I just got off the phone with Verizon customer support. I was informed that the Android 2.2 update for the Samsung Fascinate has been approved and that Verizon will begin pushing it OTA at 11:59pm EST today (20-Apr-2011). It's about time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair