[ED01 FroYo][SCH-i500] 2.2 Officially Announced by Verizon!

Melvil

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Great news, it's about time! I just decided to check for updates for the heck of it, and lo and behold my 2.2 update is downloading now. So if you're waiting, might as well try it now.

Tarrant

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Froyo OTA has gone live

It's downloading as I type -- I'm on the west coast, and also have confirmation from somebody on the east coast of the same.

I can also confirm that a flock of what appear to be airborne pigs just flew by my livingroom window, I say again last, flying pigs have been spotted.

Reactions: scottabutler

928SC

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Dowloading now in Michigan too.

Remember, shut off Wi-Fi first, go to Settings, About Phone, System Updates, Check New, and you should be good to go.

Reactions: scottabutler

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Lets have a moment of silence for those of you putting to rest 2.1 finally! On to the greener pastures we have already been picking on!

ramblerd

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just downloaded and installed. Took about 15 minutes for it to actually boot back up (stayed on VZW Logo that time). Constantly getting Force Close on "com.google.process.gapps".

This was a clean update as in no rooting. Not sure if it is just me but wanted to get it out there.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It's downloading as I type -- I'm on the west coast, and also have confirmation from somebody on the east coast of the same.

I can also confirm that a flock of what appear to be airborne pigs just flew by my livingroom window, I say again last, flying pigs have been spotted.

Hey Tarrant.........I read your earlier post about how what you were saying was for the greater good, how vzw was your actual target, and somehow I guess that means your posts were for our benefit. That being said it's still time to take your medicine sir :p

All in good fun!!!!! Like I said previously, these forums are a happy friendly place and we joke and kid a lot here while also share some great information about our Fascinates.

Last edited:

hillview

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait to not slow my phone down with all that verizon bloatware garbage! I'm sticking to superclean 2.9.2 and Ec01 with the honeycomb 4.2 theme!

anon(254231)

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
It figures that 3 days after I put a custom ROM on my phone and start getting used to it this would happen lol...

Would there be any reason to go back to stock for this? Or should I just hang with what I have now and possibly wait for a new Super Clean ROM based off of the official release?

Currently running: Adrenalyne's SC 2.9.2

Any input is welcome :D

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
With the OTA update complete does phone reset to all stock settings. Like do you have to add contacts / emails / setup whole phone again?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000