Facebook contact syncing confusion

iamchrisc

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I updated to Froyo last night, performed a hard factory reset, and am in the process of setting up my phone the way it was before, from scratch.

Anyways, before the way I synced my Facebook contacts was I went into Contacts>Menu>Get Friends, chose my Facebook account, and manually selected all my friends off Facebook which were in my phone. It then synced those contacts and automatically linked everyone with exact matching names. I had to manually link contacts with slightly different names. This was all good.

Now that I'm on Froyo, it is working a little different. Initially, I did the same method as before. However, once I downloaded the actually Facebook app from the market, it synced all the contacts that were in my phone (with exact names) as well. So now the majority of my contacts are linked within the Facebook app as well as the native Facebook account (confusing, I know). Basically they are syncing twice using two slightly different methods. In Settings>Accounts & sync my Facebook account is now listed twice (with slightly different icons).

What is the difference between syncing natively from the phone vs. syncing my contacts through the actual application?

iamchrisc

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing you are also having the same issues the rest of us are having involving your wall not working either?
I got the error once when trying to access a wall from within one of my contacts and clicking "View profile" but I just went into the app and tested a few different walls and it worked fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech