Did I permanently brick my phone?

Weaselca

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I have searched the forums and haven't found anyone that had this problem, so I'm sorry if this has been addressed already. I'm having some problems getting my phone back up and running.

My Fascinate was running the leaked EB01 that was flashed via ODIN. I tried flashing to Superclean 2.9.2 non-voodoo with ODIN got this message "<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)" mid way through the flash. I waited for about 10 minutes and unplugged the phone to try again.

I tried flashing again and received the same message. Since then I have tried flashing back to stock, flashing to 2.92 and 2.9.2 again, all with no luck. They all seem to hang up at the same point, about 3/4 of the way through the flash.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
You tried more than one odin flash so this is a long shot but possibly the files are corrupted.

Download the odin file of choice again to your PC and point to that one. See if it does the same thing.

Weaselca

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, jonboy, each time I tried flashing the battery was removed. I followed the steps posted by DroidXcon in his excellent ODIN flash walkthrough.

STLRampage1

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Please provide a bit more detail...

Is the phone able to boot up at all? (Recovery mode?)

Are you still getting the download mode screen when you connect to ODIN to flash?

Jrex

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Also make sure your usb cable isn't damaged and do not use anything other than the factory cable, no usb extension cables, no blackberry cables etc..

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Did you install the Samsung drivers on the PC?

Good question

I think if he did not ODIN would not recognize his phone to get to the percentage it did.

it is possible to get that far on out dated or wrong drivers

Also make sure your usb cable isn't damaged and do not use anything other than the factory cable, no usb extension cables, no blackberry cables etc..

+1,,, are you using the ports in the back of the computer , and are you disabling any antivirus? if non of this is working ill help but i want to get back to sleep before work so we will have to do if fast

Weaselca

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, answers to the above questions are:

Download mode still comes up, but nothing else. It will not boot in recovery mode.

Yes, Samsung drivers are installed.

I tried all four USB ports in each PC, all with the same results.

I do not have the stock USB cable, I am using one I purchased at Amazon.com. Could this be the issue?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok, answers to the above questions are:

Download mode still comes up, but nothing else. It will not boot in recovery mode.

Yes, Samsung drivers are installed.

I tried all four USB ports in each PC, all with the same results.

I do not have the stock USB cable, I am using one I purchased at Amazon.com. Could this be the issue?

this could be the issue, are you willing to let me screen share and control you computer remotely to solve this issue?

Reactions: Weaselca

Weaselca

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Oh, and yes, the ODIN file I was trying was the non-wipe version from DX's thread, but I did not do the "extract here" like he instructed. Instead I extracted to a different location. I will retry.

Weaselca

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Yay! DX didn't brick my PC!

He even managed to get my phone up and running again. It's on DI01, but it's working. We'll work on flashing to 2.9.2 later.

Thanks again DX! You're a lifesaver.

Now let me go change my pants...:)