Yes or No, should I unroot to get official froyo

Notfascinatedyet

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
You guys have really helped me with good advice these past few months, I appreciate that! My phone is rooted and works great so I'm wondering what benefits are there for me to unroot? Looks to me like there's a lot of hassle.

If you've already went back to stock and got the update.... would you do it again knowing what you know now?

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
You guys have really helped me with good advice these past few months, I appreciate that! My phone is rooted and works great so I'm wondering what benefits are there for me to unroot? Looks to me like there's a lot of hassle.

If you've already went back to stock and got the update.... would you do it again knowing what you know now?

I had my phone rooted and flashed a ton of different ROM's, Kernels etc in various ways and as I definitely enjoyed it and will soon return to doing the same. (When adrynalyne releases the community rom.) I have not one bad thing to say about the official Froyo release, but that is my personal opinion as I have not had a single issue with it thus far. If you're happy with your setup and are weary about trying the official release, by all means stick with what you got, but on a side note you could always return to the way you have it setup just by following the information spread out amongst these forums. The only way you would run into hassle is if you fail to return to complete stock in some way shape or form and have a hard time recieving the update. Also if your phone happens to be one of the 10,000 or so that are proving to be unable to recieve the update you would then have much hassle! (They are saying they will supply every person with that specific issue a refurbished phone.) Honestly though, the decision is solely up to you as everyone has their own preferances on just about everything in life :) As I say I like the release, another would say the complete opposite so to each their own my friend! Good luck!

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

I would really base it off of the setup you're coming from. If you just had a rooted official release such as EA28, sure. Or if you had one of the deodexed/debloated froyo leaks, I'd say go for it also. Coming from Super Clean? No way. I went through the whole process to go back to stock DL09, upgrade to EA28, upgrade again to ED01, but that was solely for troubleshooting purposes. Now that I have nandroids of official ED01 and ED01 deodexed to refer back to for helping others, I've flashed SC 2.9.2 back until a SC build is released based on ED01.

sfobrien

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I was bored yesterday and went back to full stock and did the OTA update to Froyo. It was OK but I wouldn't stay with it, to used to the custom stuff.

I went back to SC 2.9.2 and am going to wait and see how the community ROM looks.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
As others have said, if your happy with where you are at, stick with it. I will say that IMHO, I would do one of the debloated roms if you havent already.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

irishguy0224

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I had my phone rooted and flashed a ton of different ROM's, Kernels etc in various ways and as I definitely enjoyed it and will soon return to doing the same. (When adrynalyne releases the community rom.) I have not one bad thing to say about the official Froyo release, but that is my personal opinion as I have not had a single issue with it thus far. If you're happy with your setup and are weary about trying the official release, by all means stick with what you got, but on a side note you could always return to the way you have it setup just by following the information spread out amongst these forums. The only way you would run into hassle is if you fail to return to complete stock in some way shape or form and have a hard time recieving the update. Also if your phone happens to be one of the 10,000 or so that are proving to be unable to recieve the update you would then have much hassle! (They are saying they will supply every person with that specific issue a refurbished phone.) Honestly though, the decision is solely up to you as everyone has their own preferances on just about everything in life :) As I say I like the release, another would say the complete opposite so to each their own my friend! Good luck!

I am currently running adrynalyne's de-bloated froyo rom. It's been great so far

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I went back and got the OTA for the new modem, which is probably a LOT more time/trouble than it's worth. I can tell you from my brief moments on stock Froyo - there is no hope for Touchwiz. It's slow sh!t even on 2.2. Restoring my nandroid as I type.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo