Phone taking screen shots?

irishguy0224

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Alright, i searched and can't find a solution.... I have had my fascinate for a while and although it has it quirks i enjoy the phone more than any of my other verizon phones... However, one of the problems I have just gets really annoying... 1 out of every 10 times lets say, that i go to close my screen out using the button on the side of the phone (power button) my phone will take a screen shot.... After that, it wont dim the screen out at all and will just keep the screen lit for like 20 minutes! Any thoughts? I am pretty sure i have looked through all of the settings and don't see a setting for this anywhere.

I am now running 2.2.1, de-bloated. It was doing the same thing to me when i was running DJ01 Super Clean. So it isn't a ROM issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Clean the screen, especially at the bottom around the captive buttons. They have been known to "stick" due to grease/fingerprints/etc.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Mine does this a LOT.
It is directly related to charging the phone while using it. This causes it to get warm, and the phone buttons go nuts. It acts like the buttons are being pressed all the time when the phone is warm. This closes apps randomly, opens the task manager, or opens a search, and takes screen shots when I try to turn off the phone. Once the phone cools off, all works fine again.
I've heard from others that have the same issue. It is a serious hardware failure IMHO.

irishguy0224

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
^ Yup, thats the problems too a tee! The phone goes freaking crazy and acts like there are 1435843857894 buttons getting pushed at the same time lol. It seems though that it does it anytime, even when it's not warm, not being charged. etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton