bluetooth problems after Froyo

TheLemish

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Even tho it was slow at first..I think everything is working after official Froyo update ..except: Bluetooth speaker in car...Still paired and connects...just no sound from Jabra handsfree speaker...not even the lady's voice saying, "Connected." Anyone have this problem?...or better yet..a solution...should I factory reset? and if so...what is best way to backup contacts, photos, videos, files, etc.?

fsunole01

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Similar Issue?

My pairs with the car just fine, BUT it only works for the first call. After the first call, the calls come through the phone, and the phone still shows it's paired with the car. Very frustrating. Then, when I leave the car, everything comes through the speaker and not the earpiece, even with the speaker disengaged.

Anyone having this issue? Any tips, tricks, etc? I already had the phone wiped and the issue continues.

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Try this...unpair everthing..reboot your phone. Clear data and cache in Nuance in settings, then reboot. Then try repairing everything, and try again.

Also make sure once your connected, you go into bt settings for the device(long press, settings) and ensure ' phone' has a check next to it.

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
If that doesn't work, getting back to eclair from stock is beyond me. The best option would be to root and install a functional version of Froyo that the developers have made...

Edit: A factory reset should take you back to eclair, but will also wipe your phone of all data, contacts, apps, etc.

Last edited:

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
My pairs with the car just fine, BUT it only works for the first call. After the first call, the calls come through the phone, and the phone still shows it's paired with the car. Very frustrating. Then, when I leave the car, everything comes through the speaker and not the earpiece, even with the speaker disengaged.

Anyone having this issue? Any tips, tricks, etc? I already had the phone wiped and the issue continues.

Don't know what kinda car your in, but I helped a user over here http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/74035-any-devs-working-bluetooth-issues.html

I think he got it to work by not syncing his phone book to the car..

wbman#AC

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
YES!!! I had problems with my bluetooth link with my jvc kw-nt3hdt after updating. They would stay linked for a while then just stop. I noticed the phone would vibrate once pause then vibrate three times. I don't know if that matters but just saying what I noticed.

So I decided to do a factory reset. This did not help. Another three hours of my life wasted! So I went into running applications to see what was there. I noticed pandora was accessing the bluetooth. I closed it from the running applications screen. When I hit the button the phone vibrated once paused than vibrated three times. I deleted pandora from my phone. Since then my phone syncs pretty good with my head unit but every once in a while it will drop the sync for around 15 seconds then resync. Funny...

I hope there is an update soon cause I NEVER had any issues with the bluetooth before the froyo update. Call Verizon and tell them about your problems. I did.

pdqcarrera

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Prior to Froyo my phone & Ford Expedition Sync worked flawlessly together. After OTA to 2.2.1 ED01 it has been awful. BT doesn't stay connected during calls, disconnects often while idle, won't reconnect, etc., etc. I just updated to ED04 and will report back if there's any improvement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21