I must have the only two Fascinates that work after updates.

jtalker1965

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Did my update on the 20th around 9:30 p.m. and had to reset my apps, which in needed to re-do. Love it. The second phone is my wifes white Fascinate did her update on the 21st and is working great, texting F.B. E-mails no complaints. I am vert happy. Now I have to teach her how to really enjoy the phone.

spectre72

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
@jtalker1965,
Re: "I must have the only two Fascinates that work after updates."

That makes two of us that have two Fascinates that were updated to Froyo without problems. I updated mine the evening of April 20, and then updated my wife's Fascinate the next morning. Both processes went smoothly, and the phones have performed flawlessly since.

I'm not sure whether the fact that our phones were completely stock had anything to do with the update success, but I can say that we are truly enjoying some of the new features Froyo has provided.

Reactions: jtalker1965

skiddingus

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Did my update on the 20th around 9:30 p.m. and had to reset my apps, which in needed to re-do. Love it. The second phone is my wifes white Fascinate did her update on the 21st and is working great, texting F.B. E-mails no complaints. I am vert happy. Now I have to teach her how to really enjoy the phone.

You are not alone. I updated both mine and my wifes with no problems. They are rooted and tweaked a little too. I'm just waiting to see how the GPS performs compared to the old versions.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Same here, both my wife's and my own Fascinate (neither is rooted) handled the upgrade with no issues. It took a looooong time to download, and we lost our homescreen widgets, but all was replaced no problem. Added launcher pro, beautiful widgets, battery indicator and a few other apps to customize the look and feel before the update, and we fell in love with this phone even more than when we got them not too long ago. Got the 2.2 update, fell in love all over again.

threepointer

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
My update was painless

The only frustrating thing was the download time. All of my apps work well (150+).

In my opinion a big improvement. Faster, silky smooth and additional features/options that should have been implemented earlier.

Bing still sucks

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
In reality, the majority of people updated without any problems, but they're not the ones who come here looking for help.

spectre72

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
The main search button, of course, is still BING, but I just don't use it.

If you install Launcher Pro it will let you hide any application, including the Verizon bloat-ware that you don't want cluttering up your application drawer. It doesn't remove the app, but it sure does a good job of making it invisible.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 that went well. One was because of the great people around here and at XDA (that one is mine, rooted, rom'd and themed)

The other is a grotesquely stock one that I did the OTA on, now if I could talk my son into just letting me play with it for a few hours to do it up...

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Glad the update went well for you guys. Not for me. Completely stock. Update downloads then fails during installation. Did hard factory reset. Still no luck. If I had known this I would have rooted and flashed ROMs months ago instead of being a good little boy and waiting for the "Official" update.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty