Samsung fascinate replacement 7

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
So Verizon keeps giving me broken fascinates. 1st. was over heating, 2nd, had a green screen issue, 3 had screen burn in, 4 had a great and perfect screen but refused to ota even when I flashed it through odin it wouldn't ota to EA28 5th, minor Screen burn in the notification bar, so I was like well the other one that wouldn't ota didn't have this so they send me another one 6th same thing minor burn in the notification bar. There sending me the 7th one now.

So my question to everyone is first off does your SF have any screen burn in? Even if its minor. Example of mine I know its probably stupid, but I know for a fact that my original didn't have it and that my one that wouldn't ota. When you start the phone and it says scanning your card, and the time, and battery, and 3g icon disappear on my screen there still a after image of them like almost shadow of them still there. I know that's screen burn in. So they gave me a offer to buy another phone at a 2 year price. Don't really want to do that waiting for my upgrade in june. I want to make sure my Fascinate is perfect, I'm going to sell it when I get a new phone in june. So what does your screen look like is this normal and what would you guys do at this point? Thanks in advance.

On a side not they let me play with the Incredible s that phone looks great screen wise and it just feels nice in your hand. Wish it had more impressive specs.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So Verizon keeps giving me broken fascinates. 1st. was over heating, 2nd, had a green screen issue, 3 had screen burn in, 4 had a great and perfect screen but refused to ota even when I flashed it through odin it wouldn't ota to EA28 5th, minor Screen burn in the notification bar, so I was like well the other one that wouldn't ota didn't have this so they send me another one 6th same thing minor burn in the notification bar. There sending me the 7th one now.

So my question to everyone is first off does your SF have any screen burn in? Even if its minor. Example of mine I know its probably stupid, but I know for a fact that my original didn't have it and that my one that wouldn't ota. When you start the phone and it says scanning your card, and the time, and battery, and 3g icon disappear on my screen there still a after image of them like almost shadow of them still there. I know that's screen burn in. So they gave me a offer to buy another phone at a 2 year price. Don't really want to do that waiting for my upgrade in june. I want to make sure my Fascinate is perfect, I'm going to sell it when I get a new phone in june. So what does your screen look like is this normal and what would you guys do at this point? Thanks in advance.

On a side not they let me play with the Incredible s that phone looks great screen wise and it just feels nice in your hand. Wish it had more impressive specs.

Can you do a screenshot of what you are describing and post it? Kind of hard to visualize what you are describing then try to compare it to what we are all looking at on our phones. Thanks.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have the original Incredible and LOVE this phone. You can't go wrong with an Incredible even the new one coming out.

segaskin

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I've got a pre-owned that I rooted and flashed froyo on, haven't had any screen burn in or other problems with it other than what I have caused myself.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Just hit me ........... 7 replacements? You need to call and ask for Retention Dept.
I had nothing but issue upon issue with BB and they should let you get into a different device.........I would had never let it get this far..........7 replacements.....that is absurd.
They will give you choices to select from. I was lucky and love my Incredible

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Screen shot wont show it. A screen shot is a capture if the image being sent to the screen. Burn in is a physical damage to the screen regardless of the image being sent. Thus, if you want to get a picture to post, you need to take a picture of the actual screen with a camera.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Landshark

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Screen shot wont show it. A screen shot is a capture if the image being sent to the screen. Burn in is a physical damage to the screen regardless of the image being sent. Thus, if you want to get a picture to post, you need to take a picture of the actual screen with a camera.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

You're right. Sorry, I'm a little off today.

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Wow 7. I would have given up at 3 at the most. Actually I first got a recertified and the screen would shut off after a few seconds or not turn on at all. Would only hear boot sound. Sent back and got another recertified and has been working perfect for all of 3 weeks of having it and flashing roms. Customer retention is needed I think. You gotta get into a**hole mode.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I think I do need to get into A**hole mode. I've tried everything I have even told them that I am thinking of canceling my contract. They just don't seem to care and the only offer I get is to buy another phone. Don't have 200 bucks to spend on a new phone right now. I don't think there going to let me get something new like the Droid incredible 2 or something anyway.

Don't have a Camera right now. I will try to explain it a little better. So when you boot up the Samsung Fascinate it does its media scanning thing. Then your time and battery and 3g icons disappear in the notification bar at the top. Now on mine I see basically the shadow of them like there still there even though they are not. Like 3:49 pm is burned into the notification bar. hope that helps make sense.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I think I do need to get into A**hole mode. I've tried everything I have even told them that I am thinking of canceling my contract. They just don't seem to care and the only offer I get is to buy another phone. Don't have 200 bucks to spend on a new phone right now. I don't think there going to let me get something new like the Droid incredible 2 or something anyway.

Don't have a Camera right now. I will try to explain it a little better. So when you boot up the Samsung Fascinate it does its media scanning thing. Then your time and battery and 3g icons disappear in the notification bar at the top. Now on mine I see basically the shadow of them like there still there even though they are not. Like 3:49 pm is burned into the notification bar. hope that helps make sense.

So you are seeing these images when the screen times out and goes black? Or are you saying you are seeing the time, battery, and 3G images at the same time as you are seeing the media scanning message?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
As far as I know, Verizon will always send off a refurb unless you're within your first 14 (used to be 30) days. Occasionally I've gotten lucky and they were out of refurbs, but that's very rare.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks adjangs,
I'm seeing it when it says media scanning which is on the left side of the notification bar, then on the right while the time and other info is gone for a few seconds and at this point i still see the after image of it because its burned in.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know, Verizon will always send off a refurb unless you're within your first 14 (used to be 30) days. Occasionally I've gotten lucky and they were out of refurbs, but that's very rare.

This is true,this is what they tell me. With this many refurbs though shouldn't they give me a new one or something?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
This is true,this is what they tell me. With this many refurbs though shouldn't they give me a new one or something?

You would hope so, but this is a wireless carrier we are talking about. All they are concerned with is getting new customers. They don't realize taking care of their existing customers will also draw in new customers because of word of mouth.