2.2 upgrade failed now phone is wacky

raiz

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
So I try the 2.2 upgrade last night and of course it failed like many others here. But now the phone has some very strange quirks. The display no longer times out. I have to press the power button to turn it off. When I turn it back on there is a message stating "done, CPU is restoring last screen". My default ring tone has changed. Restoring from last weeks backup has not restored normal functionality.
Has anyone has a similar issue? How do I get 2.1 functionality back again?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I mispoke, it will take you to right before the official release. After you do what it says in that thread, do the OTA update again.

raiz

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Thank you all for your suggestions. I was able to install 2.2 based on your instructions. Everything went as it should but it was not worth the effort I'm afraid. The problem of the display not timing out remains. When I press the power button to wake it up after manually turning it off I still get "done, the cpu is restoring the last screen" and have to press the "back" button to be able to input anything. So I wiped the phone and re-installed E09. The default ring tone again was wrong and the display timeout and cpu message also remains. This is the second Fascinate that has become unstable. Looks like I need to get a different phone. Never had problems like this with any other phone before. Bad choice of phones on my part.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463