Flashing comm rom?

gregchard2

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok I have evil fascination flashed right now and I love it just want to expand a bit more, the big question is do I have to odin flash back to Dl09 then OTA update to 2.2 and than flash comm through cwm our can I flash through cwm now after making a nandroid backup first?

SCH-I500 evil fascination

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have evil fascination flashed right now and I love it just want to expand a bit more, the big question is do I have to odin flash back to Dl09 then OTA update to 2.2 and than flash comm through cwm our can I flash through cwm now after making a nandroid backup first?

Just flash CR 1.3 through CWM after you make a backup of EF.

gregchard2

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok thanx:) let you know how it works out any other suggestions to different roms or anything else please let me know new to this and I'm hooked haha

shoestring789

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok thanx:) let you know how it works out any other suggestions to different roms or anything else please let me know new to this and I'm hooked haha

If I had a single suggestion, it would be this:

Evil Fascinate WAS my fav ROM until I flashed the CommRom. I would make this suggestion if you decide to go to this ROM. Evil Fascinate was "designed" for 2.1 (EC01). CommRom runs off of 2.2 (ED01). The only way to get the ED01 radio is to do the OTA to 2.2 or by this link. This link was created by Adrynalyne, and its the easiest and fastest way to get to 2.2, which gives you the ED01 radio. This is significant for GPS, signal strength, etc...

Hope this helps a little. And keep if fun. Thats what this is all about!!

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I may be wrong but I was under the impression that EC01 was the leaked version and ED01 was offical release.

Leaked or official, it's likely still the same. Adrynalyne changed the build number on the leak to read EC01 in order to protect his source of the leak. If a movie is due out in theaters on Friday, but someone from the studio "leaks" a copy of it to friends on Wednesday it is still the same movie.

Paul gyver

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Leaked or official, it's likely still the same. Adrynalyne changed the build number on the leak to read EC01 in order to protect his source of the leak. If a movie is due out in theaters on Friday, but someone from the studio "leaks" a copy of it to friends on Wednesday it is still the same movie.

exactly. From what I read they are indeed the same. I was always wondering why some users are so adamant about one being better than the other.

gregchard2

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys I'm gonna try the cr and see how it is gotta flag back to Ed01 thanks alt I'll let you know

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital