Screen Lock Message

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I use the AVG security app and one of its nice features is having a screen lock message. I also use the phone feature for requiring a pattern unlock and when that is on the lockscreen message is displayed. The lockscreen is set to display my name, phone number and email address. However, if I use the passcode or password unlock the lockscreen message does not display. I would like it to be on so that anyone finding my phone can see my contact info to return my phone. Does anyone know how to make this work? I want to keep my phone locked so people cannot pick up my phone and access my personal info. But I think having a passcode or password may be more secure than the pattern unlock and would like to use that but still be able to have my contact info available to view.

Thanks for any help!

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
try a lock screen widget like multipicture live wallpaper or widgetsoid or widget locker.

btw, avg for the android is a waste of space.

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I tried Widgetsoid but it doesn't change the fact that the name, address, and email contact info does not appear on the screen with a PIN or password unlock setting. Is there just not enough screen space to display that with those security settings? I want it so that if someone finds my phone they cannot unlock it but they can see who to contact about finding out who owns it.

Aside from putting a sticker on the back of the phone, how can someone identify the owner?

Or is the pattern lock good enough security to keep thieves from my contact list, passwords, etc? Maybe I'm just obsessing over nothing...

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Why? I respect you opinion and am curious

whats the point. i have yet to hear of someone randomly getting a virus on android. i know there a few out there, but you cant just get them. you have to do something very stupid. besides, a wipe and reload is a 15 minute process. the antivurus program has to run in the back ground, there by using resources like processor and battery. i do all kinds of stupid crap to my phone, and i have NEVER gotten a virus.

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Antivirus isn't the priority for me with AVG. I like the remote lock capabilities and the contact display feature. AVG does the remote lock stuff for free and many other programs charge for it

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
On the other hand, if the pattern lock is generally okay is there a setting that will disable the phone after a set amount of failed pattern attempts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes