Re-syncing a google account?

Kester02

May 19, 2011
Visit site
So, I'm a small business owner. The business is owned by myself and one other person. He and I need a synced calendar to schedule service calls and we both have Fascinates.

We figured the best option would be to use our gmail account for the business and sync the gmail calendar with eachother. The problem is, I've already had my phone set up for about 6 months, so I can't sync my phone with the business gmail account because it's already sync'd with a personal gmail account (That I never use anyway).

Am I going to need to restore my Fascinate to get my personal gmail account cleared and the business one to sync everything? I've tried several things to get my business gmail account sync'd, but nothing has been successful so far.

If I do have to restore my phone to get the business gmail account to sync properly, then I -HAVE- to have my contacts, apps, and app data backed up. Some of the apps I have, I have been using to track personal and business information for about 6 months now (e.g. Run Keeper, etc.). I can't lose that info.

Any help is appreciated. =)

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You can add a second (or more) Google account to sync to your phone. This should give you the option to show data from either (or both) account(s) in the calendar, email, contacts, etc.

It's under Settings> Accounts & sync> Add account (button) > Then select Google.

Reactions: Kester02

Kester02

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply!

This is where I can't get it to work. I don't have an option to sync my calendar with the business gmail account, but I do with my personal account.

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
That's not good! :( It works for me. I have my and my wife's accounts synced.

A couple ideas of things to check...

1 - Make sure that Sync Calendar is checked for that account in Settings > Accounts & sync

2 - In the calendar app, go to Settings > Calendars - Do you see both gmail accounts listed?

If yes for 1 and no for 2, are you rooted? Running a custom ROM or stock? I have had calendar sync issues with a custom ROM before. I had to reflash the ROM to get it working again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12