Facebook forgets notification sound setting

lbrenes

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Do you guys have this issue? the official facebook app forgets the notification sound setting and defaults back to SILENT all by itself. It does not even require a reboot, you set it, and ramdonly, sometimes even 5 minutes after is back to the default of SILENT.

It does not matter what rom or kernel, for my phone it has done this on every rom and kernel I have tried. I do get the notifications in the notification bar at the top, that works no problem. Is just the sound setting that goes bye bye.,

jono119

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
get friendcaster pro. best facebook app out. it has notifications like the blackberries had. (by email and the app would catch incoming facebook emails)

my official fb app would only randomly notify me

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I will have to check out friendcaster....

It seemed like everyone had some kind of issues with the official app. I never got notifications and it never refreshed...I gave up and just use the full site..

steveru621

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. Facebook notification settings revert to the 'default' settings on some random basis. I tried lots of stuff including clearing the app cache. The vibration setting ends up draining the phone's battery sooner than any sound. It's extremely annoying.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463