restore from titanium backup assistance please

oldAGE

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I was one of the unfortunate few who had an EA28 build that could not OTA install Froyo. Verizon Retail support couldn't do it either. This required a replacement handset.

Came today with Froyo pre-installed. Ran my Titanium Backup to my SD card and everything was set. Re-rooted my stock Froyo handset, installed Titanium, got su... all set.

As a test, restored my K-9 mail and the app and data seems to have come over nicely. So, now the questions:

1) To restore all my handset user data (menus, device settings, widget placement, etc...) where might one find that (or is it all over the map)?

2) If I "Restore All Apps and User Data," won't that install down-rev apps that were part of build EA28 vs. the current stock Froyo build and apps? So I assume that I don't want to do that.

3) Where the heck is the Music Player "Playlist" database stored? Wow, I thought it would be a sub-folder of MUSIC but evidently not. I would like to retrieve my playlists if possible. Been cruising around the /mount/sdcard directories and I am not finding something evident.

So, the bottom line is that I would like to restore the touch and feel of my handset but leverage the latest official Froyo build for now. Not too interested in customer ROMS until I am out of warranty.

Oh, and the fine folks on this forum are absolutely wonderful. Great instruction sets, etc.

Regards.

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't have all the answers to your questions, so sorry for that. But you do know that rooting also voids your warranty, right? As for the answers I'm pretty sure about...

1)Unless it's something the paid version does, TiBu doesn't back up home screens set up (i.e.- Widget and icon placement) or device settings. You'll have to redo all that yourself.

2)Restoring the user apps that you added won't do anything bad, as most all apps that worked with eclair work with froyo. Just don't restore any system apps or data, because that could cause issues.

3)Sorry, this is where I'm clueless.

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Earlier this week I found some info about restoring with TiBu. You might try it.

So the music playlist isn't under /sdcard/media/music? I don't have one but that's where I would expect it to be if I did, just like you. You might check in /sdcard/DCIM/Music.

You probably will need to re-setup your widgets. Your home screen setup depends on whether or not you were using the stock launcher. I use Go Launcher and just yesterday discovered that it saves a backup of your configuration.

Last edited:

oldAGE

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
<snip> But you do know that rooting also voids your warranty, right? <snip>

Thanks for your feedback... Yes, I do understand that but Un-rooting is considerably less time consuming than flashing back to a stock build, etc... lots of moving parts.

As for the other parts... Some of the base apps are updated in Froyo so I am simply been restoring the data rather than the app. Getting a bit used to Titanium with some patience and scrolling through 200 lines of backed up stuffs... Also, some funky idiosyncrasies with Froyo have proven to be annoying. Now there is a Mobile Data switch on the notifications. After I restored my wireless settings, my WiFi popped up and connected pronto but I could not surf with the stock browser until I switched of Mobile Data. Not sure if that's a "feature" or not.

Bit by bit, I will become a useful member :cool:

oldAGE

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Oh crap!!!! What is this? I am sitting inside my house in my home office and have restored my apps and data... I launch Google Maps via WiFi and it finds my location within 100 meters. I pop on GPS and throw open GPS Test and it instantly finds 8 birds and puts 8 in use with accuracy to 11 feet... inside my house!

Say it ain't so.... What's even funnier is that the icon is on my roof directly over the room I am in.... This can't be right... I must be dreaming.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc