Music player - choose source location

jobzombi

May 10, 2011
Visit site
The music players I have checked get all the audio files from my SD card, which sometimes includes not actual music. I dumped the system folder into my SD card and so now ringtones, facebook pop and other miscellaneous items show up in the music player. Is there a way to edit this or is their a program that would do this. I don't mind using something else and moving the apk for the stock player to my SD ro even deleting it.

anon(45178)

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
If you put a file called ".nomedia" (don't enter the quotes) in a folder, then the media player will ignore any music files. Look around the other folders on the sd card for a ".nomedia" file you can copy.

MunkinDrunky

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
wow i had no idea this could be remedied so easily. thank you cdhixson. I have just been trying dozens of different music players that have the ability to select the desired music folder, but not one worked as was suppose to.

So now to the question. Does anyone know how any music app would work so that it really only plays music files from a designated folder. Would that music player need extra permission to make some sort of file, one like ".nomedia" but instead tells to play only from one folder? I don't know maybe this question should be posed elsewhere?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01