Low Battery Problems

MistaDee

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So every time my battery gets to red it beeps. When I have headphones in it beeps very loudly and hurts my ears. Is there any way to stop this? Also past a certain point I can't listen to music or take pictures because I'm given the low battery signal. Help!

jtalker1965

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
It's a fail safe built into the phone. I haven't heard of anyone here that has posted a good way to bypass this issue. If I know I am going to be needing the music player or camera I charge the phone later on the day so I have plenty of juice. I have only seen the red battery twice. Good luck.

anon268366

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
My battery has gotten red twice and no beeps. That makes me assume that the beeping is a system sound. Mine is always shut off, which is probably why mine never beeps. Try shutting your off your system sounds or lowering it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Right I have to do this - it's woken up my son a few times. Now I go to vibrate at night (could reinstall that sound manager app that lets you schedule sound profiles).

I do wish it could be disabled or set to just vibrate. I know for my WinMo phone I could assign a "blank" sound file to that alarm and effectively disable it. No such luck here ...

Mtn_Scott

Remain Calm!
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
The Sound file for the low battery warning is /system/media/audio/ui/TW_Low_Battery.ogg.

Perhaps renaming this file to TW_Low_Battery.ogg.old will silent the alarm.

I have not tested this, so it may not work or break your phone. I do not know. I have used this process to silence the shutdown tone in KB.

MunkinDrunky

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Ooh I would be interested too if renaming /system/media/audio/ui/TW_Low_Battery.ogg would work, without any adverse consequences...but I am a little too inexperienced to get out of trouble to try.

I also have a question about the ability to use the camera and music player. Is what was said about the built in fail safe that turns off the camera when battery is low, only for those who are on the stock rom? Which leads me to ask are there roms that allow the use of the camera right up till zero percent battery?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX