stuck?

konna

May 16, 2011
Visit site
OK so I was out and droped my phone , it froze and I couldnt unlock it. I took the battery out and it would get stuck on the screen that says samsung. I looked all over the internet and found a way that should have fixed it. All it did was take my verizon phone and put at&t on it and so now all it does is load up a white at&t screen. I cant get it to go into downloading mode by holding the volume buttons what do I do now. I had previously rooted it, and as such the warrentys void but I figured that if I ever needed to fix it Id factory reset it but I cant even do that so I assume I am screwed.

ocgreenmachine

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
You can try taking it back to a store... Most customer service reps are not tech savvy enough to either figure out what is wrong with the phone nor spend too much time delving into the issue... Just tell them you dropped the phone and that it stopped working and let them do the rest.

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you flashed the Captivate Firmware. If you want to get back to stock you'll have to use heimdall and then ODIN. This is beyond my expertise, so I would recommend sending a Private Message to DroidXCon for assistance. (if he doesn't chime in soon.. )..