VZ is pushing ED04...

Sabban

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
so i guess this'll be the same as getting the ed01 modem, flash dl09>ea28>ed04? or do we need to wait for this to be incorporated into the comm rom?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
so i guess this'll be the same as getting the ed01 modem, flash dl09>ea28>ed04? or do we need to wait for this to be incorporated into the comm rom?

It may not be incorporated into the next version of Comm ROM. Remember, ED03 was out before Comm ROM 2.0 came out and it is still based on ED01. I guess it depends on how much time TSM has with the new stuff and whether they feel it is necessary or desirable to include in Comm ROM. I guess we'll have to see if comradesven can work his magic again and get us a zip file to get the ED04 modem for improved call connectivity. And don't forget, there is no modem included in Comm ROM. You are on your own for the modem.

MunkinDrunky

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Got 'nother 2.2 OTA update. whats the deal?

I just noticed we are so lucky to get another 2.2 update. Thought by its size it seems small, not really that significant. Anyone shed a little light on what we get? Maybe Verizon decided we were looking thin and needed some more bloat.

Gamecock#AC

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Verizon website says..
ED04
enhancements:
+ Improvements to the delivery of Over The Air (OTA) Software Updates.
+ Improved incoming call connectivity

I also read something about the Mesmerize getting an update dealing with missed phone calls. I think it was on the front page of Android Central.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I am guessing there is an inside joke here but I have seen incoming call issues on KB 1.2 and now with 2.0. I did the ED01 upgrade, then went back to EC01 and then did the ED03 upgrade. Still get complaints of calls going to VM and my phone never showing a missed call. Hopefully this will get packaged like ED03 and actually do something. **fingers crossed**

Sabban

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Yea ive had problems with not always getting my calls, wife would sometimes get mad thinking im ignoring her. Would definatly like to see this either incoporated into the comm rom or at least an update zip to be able to get the ed04 modem

alope441

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Yea ive had problems with not always getting my calls, wife would sometimes get mad thinking im ignoring her. Would definatly like to see this either incoporated into the comm rom or at least an update zip to be able to get the ed04 modem

I experienced the same thing also and i actuallywitnessed it when i had the phone in front of me and then the voicemail icon came on... hopefully someone can provide a fix without having to do the ota

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

+1 one on this! I just got my butt chewed out this morning by my wife as she called me 5 times before the phone rang. I have the phone on a windsheild mount in my car, so I also get a visual from the dash.
One time it went to VM and another she swears I hung up on her. If ED04 resolves this, then I may have to go back to stock.

Anyone have any insights on this?

BTW I'm running CM 1.3 with -50 mv PBJ Odin loadset.

Mike

neologic311

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
ok so other people are having problems with not receiving phone calls as well. I thought I was the only one. I think it's safe to say we need to get this fixed for health reasons. My g/f is going to kill me if I "ignore" her phone calls again ;P

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

rlrhk1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It may not be incorporated into the next version of Comm ROM. Remember, ED03 was out before Comm ROM 2.0 came out and it is still based on ED01. I guess it depends on how much time TSM has with the new stuff and whether they feel it is necessary or desirable to include in Comm ROM. I guess we'll have to see if comradesven can work his magic again and get us a zip file to get the ED04 modem for improved call connectivity. And don't forget, there is no modem included in Comm ROM. You are on your own for the modem.

Landshark,
I thought that Comm ROM has a modem because under highlights it says ED01. Trying to keep up with all this stuff so am I missing something?