Swype expired?

codeman0624

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Last night I tried to send a text message and got a pop-up saying my Swype trial period has ended, and I need to upgrade my copy of Swype. I'm on CommRom 1.2, with the Samsung MMS patch. Any ideas on why this happened, and how I can get a working copy of Swype again? It's so much better than the regular keyboard!

TheGord

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
The same thing happened to me on comm rom 2.0 ... good thing it's an easy fix. Just register on the swype beta site and download the installer to your phone, backup then uninstall swype from your phone using titanium backup. Reboot the phone (must do this). Then use the swype installer to update you to the latest version and you're set :)
The new version of swype is genius, so you'll be glad you did this anyway!

codeman0624

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
The same thing happened to me on comm rom 2.0 ... good thing it's an easy fix. Just register on the swype beta site and download the installer to your phone, backup then uninstall swype from your phone using titanium backup. Reboot the phone (must do this). Then use the swype installer to update you to the latest version and you're set :)
Awesome, thanks for the help. I'll do this during my lunch break today!

BigSwoe

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Thanks Gord. Went into a panic this morning, same issue. I like my swype :D.

Works great and the new version looks fantastic.

bawoo

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
When it asks which version to install, which did ya'll choose?

Also are there any trade-offs/perks to the different versions?

Thanks!

bawoo

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Another question I had was that since the older version of swype isn't available anymore (only as a backup), is it alright if I just backup now? I prefer the swype beta to the older version I had (which was from commrom 1.3)

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm having all kinds of issues with uninstalling and then installing the new beta. It wont actually uninstall the current version

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

jbr05ki

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I went to that link they emailed me and it appears my phone is NOT an Android phone... hahahah

EDIT:
I used a different browser. I DLed it but it won't let me install English/Spanish for some reason.

Last edited:

TheGord

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Another question I had was that since the older version of swype isn't available anymore (only as a backup), is it alright if I just backup now? I prefer the swype beta to the older version I had (which was from commrom 1.3)
Yup, you can backup the new swype now. I just made a backup of the old swype in case anything went wrong. But now that you have the new one installed, you can back it up any way you want.

TheGord

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm having all kinds of issues with uninstalling and then installing the new beta. It wont actually uninstall the current version

Are you using Titanium Backup Pro to uninstall swype? Also, try switching your default keyboard to something else other than Swype before uninstalling it (long press in a text field). That might help it out. Let me know how it goes!

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Are you using Titanium Backup Pro to uninstall swype? Also, try switching your default keyboard to something else other than Swype before uninstalling it (long press in a text field). That might help it out. Let me know how it goes!

Im using the gb keyboard, wont uninstall with my backup pro. I used to have tb pro so i'll dl that again and try with that

TheGord

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I went to that link they emailed me and it appears my phone is NOT an Android phone... hahahah

EDIT:
I used a different browser. I DLed it but it won't let me install English/Spanish for some reason.
The swype install will fail unless you reboot your phone after uninstalling it with Titanium Backup.
Does a reboot help?

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
The swype install will fail unless you reboot your phone after uninstalling it with Titanium Backup.
Does a reboot help?

Not st first, it wouldn't uninstall period, I finally got it working now. Boy that was a pain. Loving the new swype tho, it's awesome!