Gingerbread for Fasinate

btqy

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Read on another Droid forum that there was a Gingerbread leak for Fascinate. I brought it up on my phone before I crashed out. It explain on how to download it etc... I was wondering if there was something to it.

Droidlife; Gingerbread (Android 2.3) Leaked for Samsung Fascinate- go to Mydroidworld

post 6-19-11 by p3droid....is this for real????? chime in someone

Thanks

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

+1. I am even running it stock with all the bloatware and with the exception of a slight lag (I came from Voodoo) it is a real keeper... until the next best thing comes out. :)

The signal is MUCH improved over Froyo and I am still testing the battery life but all indications so far show that too is better.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Well after a full day runjing it I need to edit mme rreciew aa little - it does work but I have had 2 random revolts and on the 2nd one my SD card was wiped. Boo.

I will beblooking into this - I love working Netflix but I need a working phone too - may need to let revs tweak this one a while first.

Or this could just be an isolated problem for me

zombiebot

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
It looks tempting, but I'll wait for TSM's version. I'm confident that it will be solid.

Has anyone tried the Nameless ROM? Allegedly, it's snappier than stock, but I haven't seen many objective reviews either here or at XDA.

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Well after a full day runjing it I need to edit mme rreciew aa little - it does work but I have had 2 random revolts and on the 2nd one my SD card was wiped. Boo.

I will beblooking into this - I love working Netflix but I need a working phone too - may need to let revs tweak this one a while first.

Or this could just be an isolated problem for me

I have been reading issues with 3.X CWR on this and some have flashed with edify and this is not an edify script. Once you use 2.5.X it works fine.

This is from XDA JPTECH7, I take no credit for this.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1134883

"Corrupted SD Cards

Here is my viewpoint on the corrupted SD deal. Are the corrupted? Probably not. Mine just "corrupted" itself and is supposedly blank. However, in Clockwork Mod, it sees all my files. Odd? What is even more weird is that a simple reboot seemed to fix my problem. Maybe I'm lucky, maybe its still messed up, but try this first before you panic."

Last edited:

Big Z

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
+1. I am even running it stock with all the bloatware and with the exception of a slight lag (I came from Voodoo) it is a real keeper... until the next best thing comes out. :)

The signal is MUCH improved over Froyo and I am still testing the battery life but all indications so far show that too is better.

Just curious....did you happen to benchmark it yet? If not, would you :)

STLRampage1

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm running the gingerbread leak. I rooted with Gingerbreak and it runs pretty smooth. I do have bloatware but I also have a full functioning Netflix. :)

anon268366

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
It looks tempting, but I'll wait for TSM's version. I'm confident that it will be solid.

Has anyone tried the Nameless ROM? Allegedly, it's snappier than stock, but I haven't seen many objective reviews either here or at XDA.

I tried the nameless rom. The known bugs did not bother me since I don't really use those features. It was in my opinion slightly quicker then the stock. It was also nice not having the bloat ware and having google search, but weather bug would not load at all just kept force closing (the only app I use that did this) so I went back to stock. (probably a simple fix with the force closing but I've had enough dealing with the phone for now). So if you're ok with the bugs and the launcher they use I would suggest it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

anon268366

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I have been reading issues with 3.X CWR on this and some have flashed with edify and this is not an edify script. Once you use 2.5.X it works fine.

This is from XDA JPTECH7, I take no credit for this.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1134883

"Corrupted SD Cards

Here is my viewpoint on the corrupted SD deal. Are the corrupted? Probably not. Mine just "corrupted" itself and is supposedly blank. However, in Clockwork Mod, it sees all my files. Odd? What is even more weird is that a simple reboot seemed to fix my problem. Maybe I'm lucky, maybe its still messed up, but try this first before you panic."

I think you might be lucky mine wiped itself and then worked for a day or so now all I can get is "blank sd card or unsupported files on card" any ideas on a fix, anyone? I have tried numerous reboots.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I think you might be lucky mine wiped itself and then worked for a day or so now all I can get is "blank sd card or unsupported files on card" any ideas on a fix, anyone? I have tried numerous reboots.

Hopefully you had a backup of what was on your SD card because it is most likely gone. I think someone mentioned an app or program called recovur that might be able to help. Whether you recover your data or not, you are going to have to try to format the sd card either in the phone or on your computer.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
There is an awesome file recovery program called Recuva that's free. You can get it from download.com.

This. You can actually get it direct from the developer, Piriform, if you go to their site. It can recover most of the files on the "nuked" cards in almost any case, but there seems to be a particularly nasty failure mode where the card itself cant be recognized any more and as such the contents are lost (allegedly).

Personally I never had a SD card that was truly trashed, it always turned out to be the computer or card reader that wasnt compatible/capable and finding one that was allowed me to recover the files (I have done this many times for family and friends.)

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Whatever nastiness is hitting the SD cards, it's not recoverable that I can see. I've tried several card readers, several programs, and three different computers (two desktops, one laptop). No luck.

Immediately after the wipe happened, I could see some folders on it -- not the original ones, but empty ones for Android, Evernote, etc. Once I tried to reformat it, though, those became inaccessible.

I'd welcome a way to recover or reformat, but I think it's shot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante