HELP!!! I think I may have bricked my phone :(

rjintrepid

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
So i just got my samsung fascinate. It was running really laggy so I decided to root it and install a different ROM. (Superclean). Rooting was successful. I installed ROM manager and downloaded superclean. I followed the ROM manager's instructions for installing the ROM. The phone rebooted once it rebooted I was faced with a white triangle with yellow exclamation mark and an android figure. I figured out how to get into the manual recovery. The only options I have are reboot system (if i do this I get stuck on the verizon wireless banner flashing), apply sdcard: update.zip, wipe data/factory reset, and wipe cache data. If I try to apply update. I get an error message saying E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk1pa (invalid argument E: Can't mount SDCARD:update.zip Installation aborted.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So i just got my samsung fascinate. It was running really laggy so I decided to root it and install a different ROM. (Superclean). Rooting was successful. I installed ROM manager and downloaded superclean. I followed the ROM manager's instructions for installing the ROM. The phone rebooted once it rebooted I was faced with a white triangle with yellow exclamation mark and an android figure. I figured out how to get into the manual recovery. The only options I have are reboot system (if i do this I get stuck on the verizon wireless banner flashing), apply sdcard: update.zip, wipe data/factory reset, and wipe cache data. If I try to apply update. I get an error message saying E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk1pa (invalid argument E: Can't mount SDCARD:update.zip Installation aborted.

Never use Rom manager with any samsung devices. This should fix you up
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...acks/64607-how-return-stock-froyo-update.html

johnsma22

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Follow the advice of Droidxcon and you should have no trouble getting your phone back to working order. Then, DO NOT do anything else to your phone until you have read, read, read and read some more about what you are doing.

Every bit of info you will ever need to know, and then some, is located on the pages of this forum. Have at it and you'll be a flashing fool like the rest of us in no time, LOL!

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Another thing is that, a good a super clean was, comm rom is better. I would go for version 1.3 since swype does not work on version 2.0-2.1 unless you flash another kernel.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech