So i just got my samsung fascinate. It was running really laggy so I decided to root it and install a different ROM. (Superclean). Rooting was successful. I installed ROM manager and downloaded superclean. I followed the ROM manager's instructions for installing the ROM. The phone rebooted once it rebooted I was faced with a white triangle with yellow exclamation mark and an android figure. I figured out how to get into the manual recovery. The only options I have are reboot system (if i do this I get stuck on the verizon wireless banner flashing), apply sdcard: update.zip, wipe data/factory reset, and wipe cache data. If I try to apply update. I get an error message saying E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk1pa (invalid argument E: Can't mount SDCARD:update.zip Installation aborted.
    06-23-2011 02:29 AM
    So i just got my samsung fascinate. It was running really laggy so I decided to root it and install a different ROM. (Superclean). Rooting was successful. I installed ROM manager and downloaded superclean. I followed the ROM manager's instructions for installing the ROM. The phone rebooted once it rebooted I was faced with a white triangle with yellow exclamation mark and an android figure. I figured out how to get into the manual recovery. The only options I have are reboot system (if i do this I get stuck on the verizon wireless banner flashing), apply sdcard: update.zip, wipe data/factory reset, and wipe cache data. If I try to apply update. I get an error message saying E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk1pa (invalid argument E: Can't mount SDCARD:update.zip Installation aborted.
    Never use Rom manager with any samsung devices. This should fix you up
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...yo-update.html
    06-23-2011 03:03 AM
    Yea, I can assure you that your phone isn't bricked. Just follow the steps posted by droidxcon, you'll be fine.
    06-23-2011 03:05 AM
    Follow the advice of Droidxcon and you should have no trouble getting your phone back to working order. Then, DO NOT do anything else to your phone until you have read, read, read and read some more about what you are doing.

Every bit of info you will ever need to know, and then some, is located on the pages of this forum. Have at it and you'll be a flashing fool like the rest of us in no time, LOL!
    06-23-2011 09:45 AM
    Odin cures many ills my friend - that is what I would do - you can the also be prerooted and debloated. Read read read
    06-23-2011 09:57 PM
    Another thing is that, a good a super clean was, comm rom is better. I would go for version 1.3 since swype does not work on version 2.0-2.1 unless you flash another kernel.
    06-23-2011 10:58 PM
    That sucks
    06-24-2011 01:59 AM